Menu

Am I missing anything?

I've gone through and pretty much decided on everything for next year. This is the first time that I haven't already gotten all the books ordered and everything by this time of year - I've just not been in a big hurry.

Anyway, I'll have a 5th grader, a 3rd grader, and a kindergartener this fall.

Pink, K:

OPG

Zaner-Bloser handwriting K

MUS Primer

Occasional ETC as she wants to, and lots of books

Astro, 3rd:

Language arts- not sure. Considering LLATL, CLE, Easy Grammar....?

Daily Grams

Zaner-Bloser handwriting 3

Spelling - again, not sure. Either continuing with AAS or trying Spelling You See...?

MUS Gamma

SOTW 3

WTM grammar stage chemistry

Atelier art level 3

Music - meh. Classical CDs and such.

Reading - books, obviously :p

Link, 5th:

MUS Epsilon

Family Math/ Math on the Menu (if we can find it anywhere)

WTM logic stage ancient history

Language Arts - LLATL Purple (I think)

Wordsmith apprentice

Daily Grams?

WTM logic stage biology

Mango languages - Japanese

Religion/ethics - a world of faith

The most important thing you'll ever learn (Bible)

Art- drawing on the right side of the brain, fine art studio painting, fine art studio sculpting

Music - the young persons guide to the orchestra, the story of the incredible orchestra, the young persons guide to the opera

Keyboarding made simple

Lots of books, he loves to read

Sorry for bad capitalization - on the iPad, capitalization sucks on here.

Any thoughts? Suggestions on the ones I'm not sure about?

It certainly doesn't look as though you've left anything out, but not having the 8 and 10 year olds studying the same subjects/time periods in Science/History/Art just seems like more work for you. (And that is a lot of work on your list to begin with). Those are subjects where it's so easy to combine subject matter and just expect higher levels of output for the older one.

I have 5th, 3rd, and 1st graders this year. I agree with the above poster, that combining them in history and science really helps out a lot. Actually, I have my 5th and 3rd graders combined in LA. They both do MCT's Town level--for one it's a year behind, the other is a year ahead.

I would say that the hardest part of our year this past year has been working on getting the oldest two more independent. My oldest is pretty much independent, but too much so, in that she won't ask for help if she doesn't understand something. She'll just go about her work, doing it all wrong, until I check her work. Ugh.

My 3rd grader tries to be independent, but he still needs quite a bit of hand holding. My youngest, obviously needs a lot more help.

Anyway, what you have looks good. I just wanted to chime in on the "combining" thing. If you're able to combine on science and history, that would help you out a lot. ;)

It certainly doesn't look as though you've left anything out, but not having the 8 and 10 year olds studying the same subjects/time periods in Science/History/Art just seems like more work for you. (And that is a lot of work on your list to begin with). Those are subjects where it's so easy to combine subject matter and just expect higher levels of output for the older one.

I've always combined in the past and we have never done well with it. At all. This is our first year with separate history and science.

The kids do most of their work pretty independently, so it's not really all that much for me. With the exception of Pink's part, obviously. :)