Menu

Summer education reading

Just wondering what everyone has planned for teacher/parent reading over the summer related to education??

I have "How to Teach Your Child Shakespeare" and thought I might give that a whirl. I'd also like to choose and pre-read some economics books to brush up on the topic, as I think we're going to cover it.

What's on your reading list?

I have the Shakespeare book to read, too. I should also reread some of WTM, also. I am hosting an IEW TWSS course over the summer and I will probably watch Teaching the Classics, too. I'm honestly a little burnt out at the moment but I know I'll recharge after a few weeks off.

Teaching the Classics has been on my shelf for a year.  It is time to pull it down and watch/do the seminar.  Technically it's not a reading, but it does need to be done.

Long ago, while we were still living in Colorado, I got a group of moms together to work through this dvd course together. It was so fun! I still have such fond memories of those moments when we were discussing the works. Some of us knew more about literary analysis than others, but each of us had something so valuable to contribute....

This is also a great way to help yourself pay for the series, just ask the participants to pay you a fee (with that buy them a workbook and get a little extra to help defray the cost of the dvd).  At first I used to worry that the moms would resent me asking them for money, but they were so thrilled to get in on it and not have to buy the series! Plus, watching it together keeps you accountable to actually getting it done.