Menu

Need recommendations for good, loose tea (all lowercase letters, people :)

Hikin' Mama

I prefer Earl Grey, but I like regular black tea, too. I used to use loose tea all the time and ordered from somewhere that I can't remember. It wasn't Teavana. I've been using plain bags for the last several years because I mostly drink coffee, but I miss my yummy pots of tea.

What kind of loose tea do you use and like?

I prefer Earl Grey, but I like regular black tea, too. I used to use loose tea all the time and ordered from somewhere that I can't remember. It wasn't Teavana. I've been using plain bags for the last several years because I mostly drink coffee, but I miss my yummy pots of tea.

What kind of loose tea do you use and like?

When I order on-line, I order from Glenbrook Farms. I prefer black tea, rather than herbal, and I have liked Glenbrook Farms.

A few years ago, to my surprise I found Lipton loose tea, and I cannot tell the difference between Lipton and a higher-price tea. Lipton is about $4.00 for 8 oz.--much less expensive than almost any other premium brand. I can add hazelnut or other flavorings to it, including a rose extract which is quite tasty :-) But I can only find it at my local H.E.B. stores (a Texas chain); even Amazon doesn't have it. :-( And the other loose teas I found on there look like tea product instead of actual dried tea leaves.  Weird.

I order mine for Teegschwendner.  There are stores in Europe and I loved going there, just to smell!  My favorite was the Erdebeer-Sahne, which is Strawberry Cream.  It's a heavy black tea, with bits of dried strawberry in it.  It's not bitter, but does have the heavy black flavor, with soft strawberry notes.  It is delicious!  I drink it every morning for breakfast.  The Raspberry Chocolate is great too, but I don't like it for b'fast.  It's not as strong, IMO, and I need a nice strong cuppa in the morning!  The Japanese Cherry (a green tea) is simply heavenly.  I like it in the afternoon or evenings for a relaxing drink.  

Teavana carries an incredible Jasmine Silver Needle, but it is crazy expensive, so that's a rare treat. 

I order mine for Teegschwendner.  There are stores in Europe and I loved going there, just to smell!  My favorite was the Erdebeer-Sahne, which is Strawberry Cream.  It's a heavy black tea, with bits of dried strawberry in it.  It's not bitter, but does have the heavy black flavor, with soft strawberry notes.  It is delicious!  I drink it every morning for breakfast.  The Raspberry Chocolate is great too, but I don't like it for b'fast.  It's not as strong, IMO, and I need a nice strong cuppa in the morning!  The Japanese Cherry (a green tea) is simply heavenly.  I like it in the afternoon or evenings for a relaxing drink.  

Teavana carries an incredible Jasmine Silver Needle, but it is crazy expensive, so that's a rare treat. 

My son sent me some of the Jasmine Silver Needle for Christmas - it's lovely (and I certainly didn't realize it was so expensive!)

I second the recommendation for Mountain Rose Herbs. They have many wonderful tea blends. I like their Rooibos. My favorite tea, however, is Hot Cinnamon Spice from Harney & Sons. I buy it at a local gourmet store but I've seen it many places. You can also buy it from Harney & Sons directly: https://www.harney.com/hot-cinnamon-spice-tea.html . It is naturally quite sweet.

Also - my favorite black tea in bags is Prince of Wales Tea from Twinings. Delicious with milk and stevia.

I've ordered numerous times from Adagio Tea - they have several varieties of Earl Grey and some of the best herbal teas I've found.  My favorites from them are their Blood Orange Tea, White Grapefruit, and Lemongrass.

If you sign up at their website, they'll send you a coupon for $5 off which you can use immediately.

I like that you can read reviews for each tea by people who have purchased it - kinda like amazon. 

• 2 weeks later...