Menu

MFW vs Biblioplan

Do any of you have any experience with either of these for middle school or high school? I am leaning towards doing one of them for 5th-8th and another for high school. (Of course that could change) But I'm wondering if one is more rigorous and challenging than the other. If so, I would opt for that one for high school.

Thanks!!

We did MFW for some of our high school. It is wonderful! I wish I had found it earlier in our homeschool experience. We found the high school program, done as written, to be very rigorous. I do not have experience with Biblioplan. I did look at it once at convention, but I don't remember why I decided against it. 

• 5 weeks later...

We just finished using Biblioplan Medieval for highschool. I had high hopes, but was disappointed with the overall program. Especially with the essay questions. They were vague and the student would be required to research online do any of them... which is not okay for any student who has had some bad internet exposure.

I've used both MFW and Biblioplan.  As you probably know, MFW has complete lessons plans written to the student.  The book choices, writing assignments, etc. are all excellent.  BP is more flexible, which is the reason we use it.  BP includes an interesting spine with weekly history and geography assignments, Bible reading, and literature suggestions, but it doesn't include Bible study or literature assignments.  This was perfect for us since I wanted to choose our Bible and literature study and writing instruction.  I would call BP's history thorough rather than rigorous. The maps are excellent, and the timelines are the only ones we have ever completed.  BP has given us the time to focus on other time-consuming high school subjects; i.e. math, Latin, English, science, while still learning lots of history.