Menu

Memoria Press Christian Studies

Hunter

I have been using it with my two older children; we just finished book II and will be doing book III this coming school year. I don't believe it skips any of the Golden Children's Bible, I think it goes straight through. I don't add anything to it. My kids read the selection together, then answer the questions in the student book. We go over the questions together, discuss any of the extra stuff in the TM, and I add my own personal thoughts/beliefs as we go...the curriculum goes over what was read, but allows for personal interpretation according to one's theology/doctrine.

I think I'm using the original LLATL, and want to reinforce the LLATL lessons with a good story Bible. I think this might work with the MP lessons. I like the 2 page spreads for each lesson. Most of the time the original LLATL is a two page spread as well. It's nice to plan with both books open and an entire week spread out before me, with no flipping.

I want to use the MP more for language arts than theology. I'm not a Christian anymore, but I am a BIG believer in teaching Bible as THE primary literature book of Western civilization.

I'm not sure what I want to include, skip, or supplement. I think I've narrowed it down to using this, but...something just feels a bit awkward and I don't know what it is, yet.

I have been using it with my two older children; we just finished book II and will be doing book III this coming school year. I don't believe it skips any of the Golden Children's Bible, I think it goes straight through. I don't add anything to it. My kids read the selection together, then answer the questions in the student book. We go over the questions together, discuss any of the extra stuff in the TM, and I add my own personal thoughts/beliefs as we go...the curriculum goes over what was read, but allows for personal interpretation according to one's theology/doctrine.

:iagree: This has been our experience, too. We have used book 2 and 3 and it does not skip any part of the Golden Children's Bible.