Menu

I accepted an offer on an additional job yesterday and I am moving............

Joanne

I hate that I need to add additional work to the mix again, but since I do.........

I was offered a job working part time at an outpatient treatment facility. I have worked for the same company, different affliate before - I ran that program. This job is "fill in" for a short, stressed staff. I interviewed for several other situations. I was offered one for joining a private practice, but it would cost me $750 per month PLUS 20% of billing. The credentialiing support would have been nice but if I managed to get 10 clients, I would net the same I will be making at the job I offered. And I don't have a non compete, so I can still find and see my own clients.

I am moving. I have lived in this house for 2.5 years, and have funded all repairs since then. 1/3 of the electrical outlets don't work. The final straw was the Landlord insisting I provide sod - on a house that NEVER had grass and that has a massive oak tree preventing sunlight on the front lawn.

So, I am moving. Re-homing the dogs ( :() and moving. Starting over - again. I put in an application on a house, but it was in competition with 4 others! The housing market where I am is crazy. So I put an application on an apartment today. If I have to live for a while in an extended stay hotel, that is fine with me. The younger kids (not so young anymore!) will be at their Dad's for 6 weeks anyway.

I am having a MASSIVE garage sale to fund the move, and I think I'd rather do without furniture than move most of the stuff I have. I need a literaly and figurative fresh start.

I don't want to add an addition job, but since i have to, I am excited about this one! I like the population (substance abuse clients) and I am good at it. I know the computer system and the treatment planning and assessment. It's a win/win for me and the guy who owns it. Neat story: he remembers a moment when I worked for the affliliate and he had called me about a client. The client was enrolled in my program, but lived near his. My new boss reports that whenever he previously called my former company, they *never* let clients go. But when he called me, I said "If the client is 2 minutes from you and 20 from me, you need him. Actually, he needs you. He needs to be as close to treatment as possible giving him the least amount of barriers and greater chances of success." I then transfered the client. It was, in the short term, a "hit" for my company but it was ethcically the right thing and best for the client. So, a 3 minute interaction with a man I never anticpated working for/with was a determining factor in my job hunt 2 years later. He also called my former boss (his peer, the other affliate owner) and was told I am a great therapist, hard working, great hire but "like doing things my own way." ;) I know you are surprised.

I should net just over what the missing child support is. I will work 5-9 Mon thru Thurs and possibly 3 hours on Saturdays for a while.

Ignore me if you don't want to answer.

How is Adrian? Is he any closer to the surgery he needs? Is he still with his daughter?

I hope your move goes well! Selling all your stuff is very smart. We spent a fortune to move a bunch of junk furniture when we were younger--so stupid!

Ignore me if you don't want to answer.

How is Adrian? Is he any closer to the surgery he needs? Is he still with his daughter?

I hope your move goes well! Selling all your stuff is very smart. We spent a fortune to move a bunch of junk furniture when we were younger--so stupid!

Medically stable. Operating at the level, cogntively and developmentally, of about a 12 year old. He returned to TX after living with his son about a year ago. He moved in with a distant relative by marriage for a while and recently got his own place but is failing in terms of budget (his income is enough but his ability to make it work is not). He lives in a senior subsidized complex.

He had a job delivering pizzas but lost that. He now has a job at a gas station, but I don't anticipate that lasting, either.

He qualifies for the transplant list, but his MELD score is low which means a very, very long wait. He'll likely die first.

Joanne,

I hope you find a place you and your kids will really love and be able to call home. I've been looking on zillow for anything in our price range all over west Houston as far North as Conroe. We are looking at moving back to TX from CA. The housing market is insane. Do you know anything about the Cypress area? Katy is just out of our price range. Too bad the house I own in TX isn't in the Houston area. I would rent it to you. We get 800/month for a 3/2.

Joanne,

I hope you find a place you and your kids will really love and be able to call home. I've been looking on zillow for anything in our price range all over west Houston as far North as Conroe. We are looking at moving back to TX from CA. The housing market is insane. Do you know anything about the Cypress area? Katy is just out of our price range. Too bad the house I own in TX isn't in the Houston area. I would rent it to you. We get 800/month for a 3/2.

I like Cypress a lot! :)  290 Stinks, but so do all the Houston highways.

Medically stable. Operating at the level, cogntively and developmentally, of about a 12 year old. He returned to TX after living with his son about a year ago. He moved in with a distant relative by marriage for a while and recently got his own place but is failing in terms of budget (his income is enough but his ability to make it work is not). He lives in a senior subsidized complex.

He had a job delivering pizzas but lost that. He now has a job at a gas station, but I don't anticipate that lasting, either.

He qualifies for the transplant list, but his MELD score is low which means a very, very long wait. He'll likely die first.

This is so sad. I'm sorry.

Joanne,

I lived in the Cypress area for many years. If you have specific questions, I would be happy to try to answer. There are lots of nice older neighborhoods in the 77065 zip code that are less expensive than but still decent