Menu

HWT - Do I need the Teacher's Guide?

I got it for the orange level and was glad I did. I have a lefty ds and it had a few pointers about lefties that I needed to know. I used it for the first couple months and then didn't need to refer to it anymore. I did not buy one for the next level and we've been fine.

It depends on if you want the entire lesson (the HWT method of teaching) or if you simply want a book with letters and blank lines. I got the teachers book for K because writing lessons with my oldest son indeed caused tears. I needed a new way to teach. (And for the record their way worked. It made me want to pull my hair out but there were no tears and after the k and 1 book he was writing easily and beautifully).

With DS2 I wouldn't need it because he doesn't really need an elaborate lesson. I say make an a like this and then he practices for a while. No drama. With a kid like that I'm not sure there is any benefit to HWT at all, though. Which is why he just has some blank lined paper ;)