HWT

Bob Books

reserve library books on internet

Choose ILLs and fill out ILL forms

Dinner

Dishes and make ds1's coffee

Read Alouds/bedtime routine

Lesson prep:  Konos, Saxon 1, scan 2nd Ball Stick Bird reader

Good morning. Well, we got the news that dh doesn't have a job at the school next year. They actually cut several positions. One lady is so mad that she isn't even going to finish her IEPs. I don't understand not finishing well. Doesn't she need a good recommendation from the school? I'm so glad dh doesn't act that way. He's applied with several school systems, but last year there would be 80-100 applications for just 1 job. I know schools hire up until they start, so I probably won't be super stressed unless the end of July gets here and he hasn't been hired. 

I made dh breakfast and went back to bed despite the fact it's going to be a busy day.

Get the kids up and give them lists of school and chores to do

Go to breakfast with my best friend

check in with the kids about school when back home

tidy up the whole house

lunch

continue cleaning (dd has friend's coming over tonight for a Lord of the Rings marathon)

kids' ortho appointments

my dentist appointment

continue to look for any books and label for the sale tomorrow

dinner

go clean the office

Pack up all the books to take to the book sale

Pack up school work for ds to do in the car 

Watch some of LOTR with dd and friends (It can't be on in my house and me not watch any of it!)

So sorry Amy :grouphug:

Today is a bit different. At a charity raffle thing, Dh won a wine tasting event for a group at the local wine shop. He invited thirty of his clients (and me :D well, I am a client :lol:) to attend. We're having catering done by the tapas restaurant :party:

So today, in order I think:

--school

--Pilates while she does English

--shower

--run to party store for additional small plates and good napkins (not sure what/how much the restaurant will provide)

--get some flowers for the food tables

--create table "tent" cards for all the various food dishes

--pack up things from home (a wine-themed raffle basket (each person will get a ticket), additional serving utensils, additional tablecloths, etc)

--change into something nicer than casual capris and a t

--drop dd at ballet ridiculously early

--get to wine shop to do what set-up is needed

--eat some yummy food and try the two whites they've selected (I don't drink red wine, generally speaking)

--pick up dd at 8

--remove shoes

--collapse with good book :)

I feel like rebelling against tackling anything today, but, I've got to get things done, so here goes...  

I just realized we completely missed Ds's ortho appointment yesterday!  That will mean a no show fee.  Just what we need.   :glare: 

Only a few things on my list.  Keeping it small so I don't feel overwhelmed..

• get ready for dog obedience class
  • call the ortho
  • make sure Dd gives her dog a bath when we get home

Good morning everyone!

Amy hope all goes well and your dh is hired in no time.

Dh and I are sitting at the hospital.  Rowan is getting her port put in and her first dose of rocephin.

Once we get her home and settled in, the home infusion folks are coming to show us how to take care

Of it.

Really looking forward to showering her with all the cards and things fRom the Hive.  She is going

To be blown away.

Her gluten free, refined sugar free birthday cake will be done at noon and I will go pick it up.

Not doing much else today except for vacuum ing.

take kids to try-a-trade in the city

transfer child support (he said he would pay first thing this morning but has not yet and it is ticking me off)
get hair cuts for boys

buy ds15 new pants and underwear

Take dd14 for her learners permit test (if she feels ready)

go for dinner at my sister's place

leave 2 kids with my folks and come home

pack teens for their camp

load their camp stuff into trunk

:grouphug: Amy :grouphug:  You have an amazing attitude. Little things like dh's possibly not have a job stress me out! The Lord is faithful, we can put our trust in Him. 

Let's see:

Meals 

Laundry 

School

Cleaning (gee, this list is boring!)

Working on the study I lead for our ladies' Bible Fellowship on Sunday mornings

That's it for today!

Amy, we have spent the last 9 months dealing with unemployment and job hunting.  We learned a lot about modern resumes and job searches.  We had to tighten our budget and we are still recovering with Dh having to take a job that pays far less than his old position.  If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Lizzie, hope all goes well at the hospital.

We are going to the beach house (that we rent) for 4 days. I would love to take you "Tackling Ladies" with me, we could sit on the teeny tiny deck and sip.... whatever it is you want to sip.... and watch the sun set over the gorgeous Pacific Ocean, while listening to the breakers crash on the beach. Instead I am taking my husband and 5 children who have been awake before 6:00am (they are so excited. They don't even wake up this early on Christmas. It'll be fun! We vacation there every year. Nothing fancy, but we like it!

So, have a great weekend, gals! See you Sunday!

Susan--dinner sounds yummy, and anything in TN has to be good. What time are you serving? 

Lucky--Have fun at the party!

Lizzie and Jean-Praying for you all this morning!

Brandy--What is try-a-trade? Is it to try out jobs? That would be awesome!  Hoping your dd feels like the test and does well!

Krissi--Have fun, and have some extra for me! I'm invited to the beach next week, but it was so last minute that I don't think I can get enough time to go. It's our last week of school, swim team evaluations and beginning, still in Awana, and am volunteering to help in a used book sale. 

Shannon and Angi--here's hoping you get your "tackle" back, but if not, just have a cup of coffee or tea, and read a book. That will make the day count for much more anyway!

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts! Shannon, thanks for the offer to help! Kelly, I think the attitude is only God and seeing how He saw us through this the last time. Dh has only been at this school for one year because he was laid off from the school he'd been at for 6 years and was unemployed for a whole school year.  God provided in so many ways. During that time we hit a deer and had a lot of damage to our car with a big deductible, dh broke his hand and had to have 2 surgeries, I had a benign tumor on my septum and had to have 2 surgeries, one of which was at Emory and very expensive, we had to pay cobra to keep insurance, and we had our transmission go out on our van right after dh started his new job. Through all of that, we never had one bill go unpaid or paid late. God provided through extra jobs, family, surprise gifts from people, etc. 

This school did the right thing in not hiring back the last people they hired. His previous school did not do that, and it was seemingly racial. The last 2 teachers hired in his department were minorities and that fall, the principal had said in meetings how glad he was to have diversity in the department which had been all white. When it came time to let 2 teachers go, he chose the 2 white men over 40, not the last 2 hired. Dh could have fought it, but he was really able to put forth a good witness to so many of the non-Christian teachers there at the school. So many couldn't believe he wasn't mad, fighting, or stressed. Dh gave all the credit to God and that He was in control. 

Okay, now that I've written a book...

Had breakfast with my bestest friend!!

Ds did all the school work I had assigned while I was gone!! 

Dd did laundry and dishes and is doing school now!

Off to see if she needs help with school or what I can clean next!

Can I come crash your party Luckymama wine and tapas sounds a lot better then taking care of a sick kid :p

Anywho,  my day started off terribly, I got about 3 hours of sleep,  dd threw up on me while I was sleeping!  On a plus side I got to binge watch Dr. Who while taking care of dd last night!  I really love show.  DD is acting completely fine right now but I don't believe it will stay that way since she threw up an hour ago.  So I suppose today will be another day of tackling nothing but soiled laundry.

I feel like rebelling against tackling anything today, but, I've got to get things done, so here goes...  

I just realized we completely missed Ds's ortho appointment yesterday!  That will mean a no show fee.  Just what we need.   :glare: 

Only a few things on my list.  Keeping it small so I don't feel overwhelmed..

• get ready for dog obedience class
  • call the ortho
  • make sure Dd gives her dog a bath when we get home

Apparently I am into avoidance today.  We are back from class and the only thing I've done is eat lunch and add to my post count!  

Will call the ortho now and face the music.

Bath is happening later.

Math is done--much better than yesterday.

​Ds finished iterature and history, saturating on science.

Dishes are done --but kitchen is not spotless.

went through some of Dd's clothes too.​

Dd working on literature, then piano

:grouphug: to all. I hope everyone feels better and finds some peace today.

Krissi, I am so jealous. I am in serious need of a beach.

I had my dr appointment this morning, the painters finished and I have to write a very large check later this afternoon. School still needs to get done, some chores. 

I have to wear a cardiac halter monitor for 24 hours and it is seriously annoying. Way more annoying than anticipated.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Can I come crash your party Luckymama wine and tapas sounds a lot better then taking care of a sick kid :p

Anywho, my day started off terribly, I got about 3 hours of sleep, dd threw up on me while I was sleeping! On a plus side I got to binge watch Dr. Who while taking care of dd last night! I really love show. DD is acting completely fine right now but I don't believe it will stay that way since she threw up an hour ago. So I suppose today will be another day of tackling nothing but soiled laundry.

Ugh! Hope you can get some rest and/or more of The Doctor today.

Anywho, my day started off terribly, I got about 3 hours of sleep, dd threw up on me while I was sleeping! On a plus side I got to binge watch Dr. Who while taking care of dd last night! I really love show. DD is acting completely fine right now but I don't believe it will stay that way since she threw up an hour ago. So I suppose today will be another day of tackling nothing but soiled laundry.

Bet you could figure out where we will be :lol:

Sorry about your dd. One of the better things about having older kids is that they can get to the bathroom themselves ;)

Bet you could figure out where we will be :lol:

Sorry about your dd. One of the better things about having older kids is that they can get to the bathroom themselves ;)

Haha! I know exactly where you are.  I do not know of a tapas restaurant though?  Is it new or have my blinders been on for way too long because I love tapas?

DD seems 100% better!  I'll still be serving her a bland dinner just to make sure.  Now time to pray this stomach thing ends with her!  I will now tackle the last half of Thursday.

-Figure out what's for dinner(take out of some kind)

-Quick clean my room

-quick clean kids room

-print out pay stubs

-load Goodwill stuff into car

Haha! I know exactly where you are. I do not know of a tapas restaurant though? Is it new or have my blinders been on for way too long because I love tapas?

Ole Tapas on Kirkwood, right side going away from Newark. Its street-side appearance is deceptive. They have a smaller newish place, Cafe Ole, on Main Street with a smaller version of their menu (right side, the block before Klondike Kate's). Highly recommend either as a date night :)

For today:

Grocery shopping

Make sure ds sends email to school of music

Bathroom

Science with youngers

Phonics w/dd7

Order gift card

Kill spider

Lunch - cottage cheese w/fruit

Dinner - picnic (grilled polish sausage w/sauerkraut, potato salad)

Most of my list is being scrapped.  I didn't even kill that stupid gigantic spider which is now hiding out somewhere in the bathroom, so I can hardly be expected to clean there, right?  :D

Got home from shopping and my 5yodd and 7yodd decided that would be a good time to get into a fist fight.  5yo spent the rest of the morning and lunchtime sobbing.  We got through story time and then I was done.  Took a nap.  Packed up camping groceries and organized a few more supplies.  Practiced my piano piece and ate 2 cookies.  We will leave early for the picnic and stop by the library to pick up some waiting books and the bike shop to get the new tires.  Turns out ds18's free bike was made in the 1980's (!) and tires need to be special ordered.

Spent 4 1/2 hours including commute time on the whole neuro-psych thing.  I thought I could drop ds off and go have some girl shopping time with dd but was handed 309 (Dd counted!) more questions to answer and that took quite a bit of time.  We did get in a bit of shopping but not too much.  I'm pooped.  

Did everything on my list today including the cleaning the boys bathroom and hall powder room. But, since "no good deed goes unpunished", while running the vacuum I think the belt must have broken. The beater bar is no longer working so, therefore, no more vacuuming today :glare: .

Ole Tapas on Kirkwood, right side going away from Newark. Its street-side appearance is deceptive. They have a smaller newish place, Cafe Ole, on Main Street with a smaller version of their menu (right side, the block before Klondike Kate's). Highly recommend either as a date night :)

I did know about the one on Kirkwood highway. didn't know they expanded to Main Street.  They WILL be our next date night!

Ok this week has officially tackled me and I give up!!! I just can't take anymore.  Monday and Tuesday I spent sick in bed while taking care of a sick 16 month old.  Weds and Thurs morning I spent taking care of my sick 4 year old dd who threw up on me twice!!! Then tonight I spent comforting my childhood dog as he took his last breaths in my brother's backyard. We then took him to my parents' house and buried him in the back yard!  Tonight was VERY unexpected and sucked so much.  Time to drink a delicious beer and reminisce about an awesome dog that I'll miss so much!

Ok this week has officially tackled me and I give up!!! I just can't take anymore.  Monday and Tuesday I spent sick in bed while taking care of a sick 16 month old.  Weds and Thurs morning I spent taking care of my sick 4 year old dd who threw up on me twice!!! Then tonight I spent comforting my childhood dog as he took his last breaths in my brother's backyard. We then took him to my parents' house and buried him in the back yard!  Tonight was VERY unexpected and sucked so much.  Time to drink a delicious beer and reminisce about an awesome dog that I'll miss so much!

I was going to complain about how little I got done today, but my day looks great compared to your week!  Hope you and your Dc are feeling well again soon.  I'm sorry about your dog.  I had to put mine down about one year ago and sometimes I still get upset when I think about him.  I really miss him.  We have other dogs, but they aren't my dogs.  He loved me.  I'm so sorry.

I was going to complain about how little I got done today, but my day looks great compared to your week!  Hope you and your Dc are feeling well again soon.  I'm sorry about your dog.  I had to put mine down about one year ago and sometimes I still get upset when I think about him.  I really miss him.  We have other dogs, but they aren't my dogs.  He loved me.  I'm so sorry.

Haha! I know what you mean about being upset even though you have other dogs.  My immediate family has 2 dogs. Dogs I love very much and will be very sad if they die. I was crying in the car on the way to my parents and my children didn't understand why.  They said, "Mom don't cry we have Daisy and Zelda at home. They are our dogs.  Moby is Walter and Carrie's (my brother and sil) dog."   They don't get it because they're young but also because they don't realize this was my dog too. I was the one who picked him out, convinced dad that we should get him, and who was with dad when we him at the pound.  Even though he was living at my brother's house (mainly because he was a big dog and I married a man who had a yard that was too small for him) he was still my dog too.  

I'm sorry you still miss your dog. I understand the sadness associated with losing a dog you are close to.  Most people would think my reaction to a dog loss is crazy but they bring me so much happiness I can't describe it.  

Home!

Try a trade was great.  We were so busy the whole time I never got a chance to take a single picture but the kids had a great time

All 4 kids got hair cuts, dd14 cut her long hair off into a pixie cut, ds10 got his mohawk that he gets every spring, the other 2 got their usual cuts.

Then came the replenishing their wardrobes, especially the teens, getting new prizes for the prize box at work, a few items from the teacher store including 3 caterpillars for life science (painted lady butterflies).  Dinner at sister's, left kids with the grandparents, now back home with the teens.  They are currently emptying the trunk so we can get ready for bed and tackle tomorrow bright and early.

Oh and dd14 asked to wait until next week to take the test, she wanted a chance to review the book again (I was surprising her with the chance to take it today) so she will review it after she gets back from camp and then will take it next week.