Menu

Awesomest Cat Ever :)

MercyA

Did you see how once the dog was off, the cat seemed to turn to make sure the boy was safe, and then continued to chase the dog away?

And once it was all over, she hid under the car. As cats do. ::)

Extraordinary kitty. I think if I were in danger, my cat would just be irritated that dinner might be late. Pretty sure she's not bodyguard material.

And once it was all over, she hid under the car. As cats do. : :)

Extraordinary kitty. I think if I were in danger, my cat would just be irritated that dinner might be late. Pretty sure she's not bodyguard material.

Ours would attack the dog because she doesn't like any other pets entering her space.  She wouldn't have cared about the kid at all.

GOOD kitty.  Also I have told this story here before. When dd was about 4, one day she was in our back yard and this huge, goofy , very friendly dog that lived down the street saw her and came bounding over to greet her but accidently knocked her down.  She started screaming and crying and then all of a sudden our cat Rocky (who had been crazy about dd since we brought her home at 4 months old, dd is adopted) anyway, Rocky came zooming out of the meadows, ran up to goofy, huge dog and started scratching and swatting the dog in the face.  Dog started running away and Rocky kept chasing him around and around the garage.  I finally had to grab Rocky and bring him into the house.  His thought must have been "How dare that dog make my little girl cry?"

I think cats can be very protective of small children.

When ds was a newborn he was extremely sensitive to noise.  MIL came in to see him and started to gush very loudly over him.  The baby started to scream.  Our cat came careening across the floor at MIL.  I had to grab the cat to protect her because I think she would have attacked MIL if I hadn't reached her.  

Ours would attack the dog because she doesn't like any other pets entering her space.  She wouldn't have cared about the kid at all.

My cat was a total ninja bad@ss who set straight any animal of any species that tried to enter his yard. But yeah, I think if I was outside the yard he'd have just watched.

That cat in the video was awesome though.

Thank God for that cat!!! It was horrifying to watch that dog pull the little boy off of his bike and start to drag him away!!!

That poor little boy must have been terrified.

Did they catch the dog? It's frightening to think he was roaming the streets like that. If not for that cat, the boy could have been killed.

The video has been expanded since last night, and now includes an interview with the 4-year-old boy and his mom.  I enjoyed the additional footage of Tara the cat, too.  :thumbup1: 

The video confirms that the dog will be euthanized.

I'm so glad that cat was hanging around and decided to take action!

And I think everybody who has a multi-species home should watch that video.  Most people worry that dogs will hurt cats.  I worry much more about cats hurting dogs.  Very few dogs (by themselves, not in packs) are capable of taking on a PO'd cat.  Most are sensible enough not to try. ;)  There are always exceptions, though.  I wouldn't trust a high prey drive Greyhound around a cat.  But if betting on most situations, my money would almost always be on the cat.