Menu

Dressed to the nines? Let's see your pics.

Rivka

The prom thread makes me feel compelled to post this picture of my kids and me at a homeschool "family dance." Incidentally, there was no dress code... and no one said a thing to me about my cleavage.

All right, let's see your dressed-up pics!

Boo, I was going to post one of a turquoise dress I wore on our anniversary a few years ago that I was later criticized for wearing to a wedding - not one held in a particularly conservative church either - because it was "provocative". But, the jpeg is too big and being the technological ignoramus I am, I don't know how to fix it.

Supermodel-no question...but how did you get a dress that matched the balloons?? Or did you get balloons to match the dress?

Would you believe that it was sheer coincidence? I didn't even know the decorations were going to be black and white.

This made me realize I don't think I've been truly dressed up since having children, and very rarely before that. DH and I got married at our new church (as we were not Christian when we married) after we were baptized last summer, but my dress was not "formal." I was in a friend's wedding when my second son was 6 months old, but I don't think I have any pictures from it. My first wedding, i wore the traditional dress. I went to prom even though I'd already left school by then (a friend who wasn't going bought tickets in her name and gave them to me). I do have pictures from that, but that was almost twenty years ago. just don't get really dressed up apparently.

Boo, I was going to post one of a turquoise dress I wore on our anniversary a few years ago that I was later criticized for wearing to a wedding - not one held in a particularly conservative church either - because it was "provocative". But, the jpeg is too big and being the technological ignoramus I am, I don't know how to fix it.

Yeah! Let's see Faith in a provocative outfit...I need some more dress ideas for an upcoming engagement party.

Okay, here is hoping this works. My brainiac son shrank it down.

post-15099-0-24586900-1400121984_thumb.jpg

Just so you know, it was the V she objected to though nothing can be seen. The shape of the neckline, no matter what is showing or not showing was "bad". LOL

The hem was about 3" below my knee.

post-15099-0-24586900-1400121984_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifImageDress1.jpg

Just so you know, it was the V she objected to though nothing can be seen. The shape of the neckline, no matter what is showing or not showing was "bad". LOL

What?  A nun could wear that!  

You know, I had one person object to my wedding dress which definitely showed a lot more than what your dress did.  I told them "There is a time for everything.  And a wedding is the time for cleavage."  They didn't have anything to say to that!  

I can't believe anyone gave you a hard time about that neckline.  I mean I know some v necklines can show a lot of cleavage or even a little bit. I've got big breasts so I'm usually falling out of most v shaped necklines.  But come on people use common sense.  I love the color btw!

Disappointing on the provocative end...but so very beautiful. The color is gorgeous. I have just a shade darker hair than you...I wonder if I could pull it off.

Disappointing on the provocative end...but so very beautiful. The color is gorgeous. I have just a shade darker hair than you...I wonder if I could pull it off.

It will look great! This photo was taken about 3 years ago when I had blond highlights. Now, I am dark chocolaty brown with soft, barely there red highlights...mahogany might be a good way of thinking about my hair color. The dress looks even better!

Know what I did with the wrap? I coordinated a wedding this winter and at the last minute needed a spangle table runner for an unexpected table. Silver was one of the accent colors and I had it with me (two dresses to choose from in my hanging bag) so I tossed it on the table. Looked great! LOL, had to wear the other dress that the wrap would not have worked with but still it all came together well.

My wedding was probably the most dressed up I've ever been.

wedding.jpg

WTH!?!  YOU'RE A BLOND?!?

I have no idea why but I always pictured you with dark hair.  Guess you just seemed too smart to be a blond! (insert cute smilie here---my smilies never work).

Very pretty but maybe the opposite of scandalous??  You could wear that anywhere and be appropriate!!  People are so odd.

I will post a pic of me in a somewhat revealing v neck evening dress for a charity event if someone will tell me how. :p

I can't believe that the least tech savvy person on this board is going to answer this but here goes:

You click on "reply to this thread". Don't just click on the quick window because that doesn't allow attachments. You have to go to the top of the thread and click on the black button.

Type what you want for a caption.

Click on "attachments" which will be below the post window, and then you'll browse through the pics on your desktop or tablet. When you click on the pic you want and hit open, it will automatically attach if it's not too big of a file. My son had to crop and resize mine because it took up more than the allowed memory.

Someone gave you grief about this? Sheesh. She needs to get a life.

Someone gave you grief about this? Sheesh. She needs to get a life.

Ellie, I'd love to like your post, I really would. But, like the little tramp that I apparently am, for the second time in my entire Hive life, I've been an extreme liberal with my likes and they are all gone.

(Hanging head in shame :blushing: )

brandy041-2.jpg

This is the last time I was really dolled up.  6 years and 40+ lbs ago, ready to go out to watch Love according to John.  I felt this dress showed a little too much cleavage so I safety pinned it closed, you can see a bit of the pin but I figured you could see less of the pin than of my cleavage so it was good :)

provocative huh?  I don't think that word means what they think it means. . . . .

This is my dh and I about 3 weeks ago. We were chaperones for the prom at my school. I'm not sure if the link will work: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203828411696652&set=a.10203828427537048&type=3&theater

I am squinting in the sunlight and it was about 97 degrees with 90% humidity at that moment. My poor dh!

I would embed the pic but I'm on an iPad and I can't figure out how!!

This is my dh and I about 3 weeks ago. We were chaperones for the prom at my school. I'm not sure if the link will work: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203828411696652&set=a.10203828427537048&type=3&theater

I am squinting in the sunlight and it was about 97 degrees with 90% humidity at that moment. My poor dh!

I would embed the pic but I'm on an iPad and I can't figure out how!!

You looked wonderful! That dress is gorgeous. But seriously, How do you manage to look that good in that kind of humidity????? I'd look like a melted pool of goo!