Menu

IOWA Testing Question

When I ordered the IOWA test for DD this year, they asked what date I plan to test her.  So I gave them a date.  Am I obligated to give it on that date, or can I give it anytime before or after that?  I don't know why they need a date.

I don't know for sure...but I do know that they use different norms for different times of the year. In other words, a 5th grader tested at the beginning of fifth grade will be compared to other fifth graders at the beginning of the year, not to fifth graders at the end of the year or in the middle of the year. Check with the vendor from whom you bought the test on if you need to adhere to a specific date.

Yeah, there will be a tight time frame and you won't have a lot of leeway--so even though you don't have to give it on that EXACT date, you will only have a few days on the front and back end to flex--it has to be mailed back by a certain date.

SO if you can't clear your calendar that week and you've already ordered it, you might need to call or email them--

Betsy

I can give it on that date without any issues, but I thought if some free time popped up early, I would give it early.  They ask for a 4 week lead time to order the test, which seems out there I they're not going to ship the test out until a few days before the exam.

Yeah, there will be a tight time frame and you won't have a lot of leeway--so even though you don't have to give it on that EXACT date, you will only have a few days on the front and back end to flex--it has to be mailed back by a certain date.

SO if you can't clear your calendar that week and you've already ordered it, you might need to call or email them--

Betsy

I can give it on that date without any issues, but I thought if some free time popped up early, I would give it early.  They ask for a 4 week lead time to order the test, which seems out there I they're not going to ship the test out until a few days before the exam.

I don't remember how early it came, but it probably wasn't more than like a week early.  I just ordered ours Sunday for early June-

I think you'll be okay within a few days--I looked at the Seton site (where I ordered mine) and it just talks about norms--between March 1 and August 30, they score them as "spring".  There was no harsh warning that I had to test on the exact date that I said I would, so a little flexible, I would say.

Betsy