Menu

Explore test- accomodations

I have 3 kids and the youngest has dyslexia.  My older 2 have participated in talent searches and never needed accommodations.  My youngest will just need more time.  Filling in the circles with her dysgraphia is a feat in itself.  She has a similar IQ  to her older siblings and is now old enough to participate in talent searches if she wants.  I found the ACT info on accommodations but can't find the Explore.  Anyone BTDT?  I can call too, but I thought someone here might know.    We homeschool and don't have a school IEP but we do have a formal eval.

Oh- yes I know the Explore is on its way out, but our talent search program is using it next year and she wants to do it.  (apparently seeing older siblings get awards spurred her on!)

Thanks

Kathy

Contact the talent search and ask-since you have to register through them, I assume they'd have to process any such request. I know Belin-Blank specifically does research on 2e, so I'd imagine they'd have 2e kids participating in their talent searches on a pretty regular basis, and I assume that's also the case with the other talent search programs.

You'll likely have to go through their official accommodation process.  It will mean getting a doctor's signature, etc...the same as if you were taking the SAT or ACT.  It's kind of a pain but if you need it, you need it so get the paperwork early.  Brownie

I remember looking into getting accommodations when my ASD son took it. The paperwork and requirements were so intense, we decided to do it without accommodations and see what happened. He didn't score as well, but the results were still very helpful in planning the following school year. 

Good luck!