Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Good morning everyone!

Jean I hope they are done in good order so you can get home!

I am a little stressed today and Dr.'s office doesn't open til 10.  Port procedure is tomorrow at 6:30 am and I still don't have the home infusion people set up.  Also need to find out where we are on the monitored first dose of rocephin and make our next NYC trip to see Lyme Dr.

Today is tutorials and I would really rather not leave the house at all let alone be gone from 11:45 til 4:30 but it is what it is.

B12 refill hasn't gotten here yet and she is due for another injection this morning so I need to call compounding pharmacy too.

I worked all day on the kids rooms and the house looks great.

My days look oh so similar now that most of the extra activities have ended. Which is not a bad thing.

Laundry

Cleaning something

meals

school

Olympians - kid's program at church, dh and I are leaders. Taking 3 grandsons with us so that son and daughter-in-law can take our grand-daughter out for birthday dinner:)

Okay, crying this morning reading Rosie's post!

Jean and Lizzie--hoping all your day's details go smoothly!

Dh is gone with his lunch and breakfast packed in his little tote cooler.

I've been labeling books all morning so I can take them to 2 used books sales during the next 2 weeks.

The rest of the day (which will include searching for and labeling more books to be sold during every free minute there is available)

school for ds: (let's hope it's a good day for him!) Awana, history, science, grammar, math, reading

school for dd: history, lit, alg 2, Bible

lunch

take dd to library

pick dd up from library

dinner at church (Chick Fil A is being provided free to our church tonight because the local owner's kids go to the Classical Conversations which meets there.)

church

For me:

--school

--which means I have to get cracking on the next section in math while dd works on her English...

--some weeding (I try to do a little bit every day)

--exercise: elliptical, I think. My sneakers are dead and are causing my knees to ache, so no walking for me until I replace them.

--continue w China packing list

--dh last Mandarin class of the semester

--dd ballet 6-8

--hmmmm maybe I'll go to DSW for shoes while they're both in classes

Have a good day all :)

Good Morning Ladies!  :seeya:

Jean...hoping they show up on time and get it done quickly for ya!

Lizzie--are you having trouble getting your B12 meds..I know there was a shortage a month ago..I take it by injection every 3 weeks.  Hope everything will workout for tomorrow as you need it to.

Amy--Rosie's post are heart wrenching to me...she is such a strong woman...I don't know how she does it.

I'm still under the weather with this cold and Aunt Flo came 10 days early...can this week be over already!

Today:

• try to keep my hormonal self in check...
  • no exercise--I was just getting my groove back
  • clean house, laundry, finish up grocery list and meal plans for the rest of the month
  • school--lots of school work

Have a nice day everyone!! 

Good Morning Ladies!  :seeya:

Jean...hoping they show up on time and get it done quickly for ya!

Lizzie--are you having trouble getting your B12 meds..I know there was a shortage a month ago..I take it by injection every 3 weeks.  Hope everything will workout for tomorrow as you need it to.

Amy--Rosie's post are heart wrenching to me...she is such a strong woman...I don't know how she does it.

I'm still under the weather with this cold and Aunt Flo came 10 days early...can this week be over already!

Today:

• try to keep my hormonal self in check...
  • no exercise--I was just getting my groove back
  • clean house, laundry, finish up grocery list and meal plans for the rest of the month
  • school--lots of school work

Have a nice day everyone!! 

Hi Tammy, no, the kind we get comes from a compounding pharmacy but I do know there is a shortage of the regular kind in our entire area.

I think all our hearts are breaking for Rosie.

hey all!!!

Today is a busy day,but a good one--i love wednesday because i dont have to go to work, which means i can organize and clean in the morning while the kids do quiet work, and then we have the whole day to do our intensive work!

1. mow 1/2 of lawn--about an acre

2. order ITBS

3. print out forms for camp

4. clean house, do laundry

4. bring J to minecraft class at 430

4. pick up B and T at 630

5. church party at 700

-order edging for lawn

I'm back to using the 'tackle' threads in hopes I'll get more done.  Hope you all don't mind that I pop in and out.  I don't think I'd better read Rosie's post.  I don't want to cry today (sinuses are bad and not enough sleep).  Lack of sleep is causing me pain today and it's dreary here.  Still trying to get something done.

Hope the difficulties many of you ladies are experiencing get easier today.

Already Done:

Dd's dog registration forms filled out, scanned, and emailed (I hope, to the right person!).

Dog show entries complete

Discussion with Ds about his morning- dog walking, lawn mowing and shower scheduled

Discussion with Dd about morning jobs- dishes, counter cleanup, and piano scheduled-she is trying her hardest to sidetrack away from piano, even volunteered to clean up the yard before Ds mowed---but she is doing piano as soon as she finishes the yard!

We are having a slow start.  I need to think about what else has to get done....

Done:

bed made

printed science lessons

finished laundry

graded yesterday's math

started grocery list

paid bill online

devotional

soaked aching legs in bath and got a shower

folded towels

Ds Math, literature

lunch 

brought some of my summer clothes down and put them in my closet

Excruciating math lesson w/ Dd currently in progress.  We'll see who is left standing.  Timer has to be set for EVERYTHING today or she is sidetracking majorly.  I had planned to take her out this afternoon, but now I'm not so sure.

Good morning - having some anxiety this morning and feeling generally grumpy.

To do:

Respond to a couple of unpleasant emails

3 science lessons/experiments with littles

Figure out what to bring to picnics tomorrow and Sunday

Pick up bike tire (postponed)

Grocery store? (Postponed 'til tomorrow)

Practice Irlandaise with dd & ds

Order CC dual enrollment transcript to be sent to admissions and financial aid offices

Make campfire starters with littles

Laundry

Lunch - chicken nuggets, chips, fruit

Dinner - baked chicken, mixed veggies, salad

Good heavens, that's chicken twice today.

hey all!!!

Today is a busy day,but a good one--i love wednesday because i dont have to go to work, which means i can organize and clean in the morning while the kids do quiet work, and then we have the whole day to do our intensive work!

1. mow 1/2 of lawn--about an acre

2. order ITBS

3. print out forms for camp

4. clean house, do laundry. 

4. bring J to minecraft class at 430

4. pick up B and T at 630

5. church party at 700

I don't know why, but printing forms and filling them out is very tedious to me.  I dread doing it more than I dread email.  I had to do both this morning, and I felt so much better when I had them sent.

Feeling much better today!! Still slept in till 10:30 but luckily dh was able to do all the morning stuff before heading to work so I could get the added 2 hours I needed.  I have a lot of catching up to do so my list may be long and may just reflect what I'd like done by Friday.

-Laundry (1 load)

-Help kids clean their room

-Quick clean computer room

-Quick clean my bedroom

-Vacuum all upstairs rooms

-Vacuum steps

-List books to sell

-DS acrobatics class and kung fu

-Straighten up downstairs

-Sweep downstairs

-Fill one big bag to go to Goodwill

-Drop stuff off at Goodwill

-Reevaluate new budget system 

-Write out rough school schedule for next year

-Clean out car

Good morning!

Painters are hard at work on the house. We are back from am practice and everyone is starting school work. 

To do:

banking

laundry

school for dd2 and ds3

oversee teens (coming up on the end of a few classes, so need to go over the syllabus and explain the final)

chores

drop off a gift

two graduation gifts and cards (will do while I wait at practice)

I hope everyone has a good day!

work 730-830

ds15 online lit class

work 130-6 (be sure to bring dd6 swim stuff we have a field trip to the pool today)

clean out car

return over due video game to library

pack youngers for weekend at gramma's

double check teens are packed for camp

find backpacks for tomorrow's field trip to city

load car with youngers bags

laundry

garbage can out to road

call dentist and book cleaning for dd14

I'm trying to muster up my "tackle"...  I have to get up and get to the city to pick up my B12 injections, so that I CAN get up.  Ugh!  My physician ordered B12 for me but it's the wrong kind and I pay far more for it going through my insurance.  So I'm behind on my injections and it's showing in my energy and mood. I also have to get to the store and go to work at 3pm.  Blerg!

Kitchen is spotless.

Dd and Rocky went to the library and back.  Both are tired and happy.

I talked to my dad.  He didn't get to come home from Rehab  yesterday like he wanted but I think he's getting closer to that day.  

Good for you!   :hurray: Wish I could say the same.  I'm saving that for later.

Afternoon Everyone...

I'm deep cleaning my kitchen/pantry/freezers and refrigerator....one task I really don't like doing, but its done and now I know what we have and don't have.  Clearly helping with menu planning.  ;)

Laundry is humming along and now just getting everything dusted and vacuumed.   

Lizzie--so glad no shortage of B12 in your area.  I think they have restocked now and things are good here as well.

Hang in there everyone!!

We have finally finished math!  (For today)  It was one of those cases where I should have stopped b/c she was confused and I was frustrated.  However, I felt I had to get through to her that there is nothing wrong with being confused and that she has to admit it, stop talking over me, and start listening.  It took around 2 hours, but I think I finally made my point.  Then the printer wasn't cooperating and it took me over a half hour to print Ds's essay so I could make suggestions on paper and go over it with him.  What a day!

Oh dear, hjffkj! I hope your dd feels better soon.

I have not done enough today, though school went well.  It looks like rain and I think the painters packed up and left already. My mother's day gift arrived from Amazon today. A lovely french press. With a glass carafe in pieces.  So I will add the return to my errands this afternoon.

I am also waiting for ds1 to let us know where he is. He was in Paris, but it is so expensive that he was going to head to cheaper places. No idea where he will end up.

I am leaving in less than an hour, and will try to knock off some laundry chores!

I'm back to using the 'tackle' threads in hopes I'll get more done.  Hope you all don't mind that I pop in and out.  I don't think I'd better read Rosie's post.  I don't want to cry today (sinuses are bad and not enough sleep).  Lack of sleep is causing me pain today and it's dreary here.  Still trying to get something done.

Hope the difficulties many of you ladies are experiencing get easier today.

Already Done:

Dd's dog registration forms filled out, scanned, and emailed (I hope, to the right person!).

Dog show entries complete

Discussion with Ds about his morning- dog walking, lawn mowing and shower scheduled

Discussion with Dd about morning jobs- dishes, counter cleanup, and piano scheduled-she is trying her hardest to sidetrack away from piano, even volunteered to clean up the yard before Ds mowed---but she is doing piano as soon as she finishes the yard!

We are having a slow start.  I need to think about what else has to get done....

Done:

bed made

printed science lessons

finished laundry

graded yesterday's math

started grocery list

paid bill online

devotional

soaked aching legs in bath and got a shower

folded towels

Ds Math, literature, writing, science, history

lunch 

brought some of my summer clothes down and put them in my closet

Excruciating math lesson w/ Dd currently in progress.  We'll see who is left standing.  Timer has to be set for EVERYTHING today or she is sidetracking majorly.  I had planned to take her out this afternoon, but now I'm not so sure.

Dd has also worked on dog training and grooming and is now taking her math test.  Looks like math was the big subject of the day!

Dinner in the oven now.  Calling it a night and looking over school work on the couch after dinner.

Had lunch at home

Drove to church and only had to wait an hour for the gas co. guy to come.  (Which since I could have been waiting for up to 5 hours wasn't too bad.)

I've probably killed myself.  While waiting I vacuumed the foyer and stairs which needed it badly.  

Dd met a math goal on Khan while I was vacuuming!  

Talked to the gas co. guy and got everything settled.  Locked up.

Stopped for a snack on the way home with the kids.  

Now I'm home and dh says  he wants to eat dinner a whole hour early which means I have to start cooking NOW.  And I don't wanna.   :leaving:   But I am.  It's going to be a simple supper though.  

Well, it's hotter than a big dog around here, but thanks to my careful planning, i.e. closing everything up before 8:00am, it is only 78 degrees in here and I'm hoping to avoid turning on the AC.

Done....

** school

** library

** grocery store (not on my list, but done)

** talked to neighbor boy about feeding out cats while we are gone

** bread is rising

Evening update!

--school

--which means I have to get cracking on the next section in math while dd works on her English

--some weeding (I try to do a little bit every day)

--exercise: elliptical, I think. My sneakers are dead and are causing my knees to ache, so no walking for me until I replace them.

--continue w China packing list

--dh last Mandarin class of the semester

--dd ballet 6-8

--hmmmm maybe I'll go to DSW for shoes while they're both in classes

Time to read :party:

Bathroom is now spotless too.  (A very long overdue task, believe me.)  You could now eat off the toilet.   :scared:  :eek:  :ack2:  :D

That's been on my to-do list all week. Tomorrow is the day! Unless of course you would like to come and clean mine too, Jean:)

I am totally beat.  Worked both of my shifts.  The last couple weeks have been intense.  Boss has been out sick (got some virus that caused her to go deaf for the last 2 weeks, nothing is fixing it yet) so I have been running the daycare.  It's good practice since boss is hoping to retire next January when the other lady comes back from mat leave.  Initial plan was for that lady to take bosses spot and I still be assistant because that lady loves the admin side of things, but after the last 2 weeks we will see what boss says because I am the one dealing with people.  Dealing with staff, kids, parents, fielding questions, handling 2 major incidents, plus the spec ed kids, plus the programming, plus the students we have working for us (try hard, love the job but they are young and inexperienced), etc.  Today I worked both shifts, with the afternoon one including a field trip.  We took 33 kids swimming, 4 of them being my problem crew, they did mostly good, but that is why I stay out of the water and the other staff go in, I patrol and control way more than the life guards because I know my group.  Just glad to have tomorrow off work though given Friday is a full day with another swimming field trip only we should have only 14 kids at most friday.

younger kids are packed and it is in the car.  Backpacks for our family field trip are in the car, water bottles in the deep freeze.  Olders laundry is pretty much done for their camp but not yet packed.  dd14 is booked for a cleaning and check up at the dentist next week (she gets her braces on june 12th), ex husband and gf announced their engagement so I took the high road and posted a congratulations to them on facebook even though our divorce is not final yet.  I am happy that I will be free of him, she can have him lol

Now heading to bed, have to be up at 530am and on the highway at 630 am to get to our fieldtrip in the city on time.  I will only be returning home with 1/2 my kids and they get dropped of at the library friday on my way to work and I won't see them until 3pm monday (they will walk over to cadets when it is time to catch their camp bus...I will still be on our field trip at daycare at that time)

All in all productive day, I need to sleep now though :)