Menu

Currently watching ...

An introduction to BJU distance learning course.  I got so bored I'm leaving it running in the background.  So far I've been shown the textbook, glossary, etc.  Wow!  I should listen to this when I have trouble sleeping.  :sleep: 

Yes I remember trying Grade 7 science a couple years ago and decided to watch the dvd of sample lessons to see if it was worth getting.  I could hardly make it through the intro and parent information part.  Needless to say, I didn't order the rest of the video lessons!

That's a shame because the 7th grade science course is really awesome.  I've not use a lot of BJU distance course, but Mrs. Vick is a really good science teacher. I think it  was the most enjoyable year of science dd ever had. Even ds, who was in 1st grade at the time, loved watching the lessons. 

I will be using all of the middle school science courses with ds because she teaches all three courses. He is using BJU's 5th grade history right now and into the summer, and he's really enjoying it. It's a study of 20th century US history.  

I always watch the samples of the teachers online because I'm very choosy as to which teachers I would be willing to use for a whole year. Some of them talk to the student as if they are small children or have annoying facial expressions, but some are very good. 

That's a shame because the 7th grade science course is really awesome.  I've not use a lot of BJU distance course, but Mrs. Vick is a really good science teacher. I think it  was the most enjoyable year of science dd ever had. Even ds, who was in 1st grade at the time, loved watching the lessons. 

I will be using all of the middle school science courses with ds because she teaches all three courses. He is using BJU's 5th grade history right now and into the summer, and he's really enjoying it. It's a study of 20th century US history.  

I always watch the samples of the teachers online because I'm very choosy as to which teachers I would be willing to use for a whole year. Some of them talk to the student as if they are small children or have annoying facial expressions, but some are very good. 

It's the orientation that was putting me to sleep.  I expect the actual lessons to be better.  There was some good info for the student as far as study skills, but it dragged on too much.

I slept just fine, no need for the orientation to lull me!  :tongue_smilie: