Menu

New "Notifications" window--Anyone else find it really annoying?

Sun

Something has changed, and it's not for the better from my perspective! I used to be able to click on the notifications icon in the top right, and a small window would open in that corner with all my notifications visible. Now it seems to direct me to a new page, which is annoying, and I had to click "mark all as read" or something to get it to stop showing a red number over the notifications icon.

Is anyone else finding this really annoying?

It only does that to me if I click it before the whole page has loaded.  So if I come to the forum, see the little red notification box and click it before every element on the page has loaded, then it does that.  It took me a few times to realize why.  For me, I just need to wait like three or four more seconds tops for it not to do it.  But if you have a slower connection (and this is, indeed, the cause) it might be longer...

It only does that to me if I click it before the whole page has loaded.  So if I come to the forum, see the little red notification box and click it before every element on the page has loaded, then it does that.  It took me a few times to realize why.  For me, I just need to wait like three or four more seconds tops for it not to do it.  But if you have a slower connection (and this is, indeed, the cause) it might be longer...

:iagree:   This has been my experience as well.

I think you may have figured out what was happening. I'd never seen that before this morning. Weird! I'm glad it's not permanent!