Menu

I can't take it anymore!

Gil

I can't take it anymore! What the heck is: 'A Beka' or a 'Beka' or whatever the name of that company is.

What does it mean?

What is it? Is it a noun? a biblical reference? What?!!! Some body, please, please, please tell me!

I cringe everytime I read 'A Beka' because I just don't.get.it!

Thank you!!! It was such a relief to find this out! It was like a gnat in my ear or something because the back of my mind kept asking "What is Beka? or "A Beka"? Is it a person?" I looked in the dictionary and didn't find anything. I didn't know that Beka was a name.

It's named after the co-founder, Beka Horton.

:) :)

Interesting factoid. I'm glad you didn't google it, Gil, because I'm too lazy and I never would have found out if you hadn't asked.

Why the "A" in front of it?

What we were told by an ABeka rep (back in the day when our older dd was starting to attend a Christian school that used all ABeka materials) is that Beka Horton would write textbooks, and people would say, "Oh, that's a Beka book." So ABeka Book became the name of the publishing company.

Pensacola Christian Academy is the name of the Christian school for which ABeka Books were written.

What we were told by an ABeka rep (back in the day when our older dd was starting to attend a Christian school that used all ABeka materials) is that Beka Horton would write textbooks, and people would say, "Oh, that's a Beka book." So ABeka Book became the name of the publishing company.

Pensacola Christian Academy is the name of the Christian school for which ABeka Books were written.

That's interesting. I wonder why 2 reps would say 2 different things.