Menu

I'm at work and learning Morse code

emzhengjiu

Why I don't know, except I can.  On Sundays, I'm very busy at first.  Then there is a long, slow period.  After which I'm very busy again.  The slow periods are just that slow.  That's why I'm sitting here learning Morse code.  It's actually quite interesting.  I'm slowly addng letters and punctionation.  Maybe one day I can get a job as a telegraph operator!  Or better yet after I win the lottery, I'll buy a ham radio.  That would be so much fun. 

Maybe I could teach my daughters Morse code as high school elective!

ETA:  spelling correction

I was very entertained to discover this year that DS18 knew Morse Code. It came up as part of a problem in his computer programming class - he took a look at the problem and said "oh that's just Morse Code" and whipped out the answer in a couple of minutes. Apparently he picked it up somewhere along the way in Boy Scouts.

You just never know what will come in handy these days of advanced technology!

We're teaching our kids. We aren't doomsday preppers, but I think everyone should know how to hunt, gather, farm, defend themselves, use any kind of gun, make a shelter, and use morse code. Good skills.

Just think how often Morse code has been used in our favorite sci-fi shows and movies. :-)