Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Melissa in Australia

quilt for Rosie

Hi Everyone,

I would like to suggest that we make a quilt for Rosie. If people would like to mail quilt squares  they can pm me for my mailing address and  mail them to me. I can gather them all together and pass them on to Rosie.

Also Rosie has told me that she does not particularly like cards etc. but if anyone wants to send something I  am happy to forward them on ( and have Rosie's permission to do so to help protect her privacy). Just pm me for my mailing address.

I  know Rosie IRL

I'm not much of a sewing person, but I'll give it a go--

If I can't hug her in person, I'd like to wrap around her in a quilt.

Thank you, Melissa, I think this is a very appropriate idea. I'm more of Rosie's "fan" than her "friend" so I don't know that you need to PM your address to me right away, but anyway....

BUMP

This is a very high profile situation to be so easily googleable from the other side of the world. It took a lot of courage for Rosie to come post here. I did not realize how difficult it was for my parents to contact my late sister's writing community (pre-internet, but people who genuinely cared about each other through newsletters and regular, frequent, personal correspondence) so many people never even knew about her death, just that she suddenly disappeared.

We all want to help Rosie, but we also need to respect her privacy and I don't know the best way to do this any more than anyone else does.

It took a lot of courage for Rosie to come post here.

:rofl:

No, it was a matter of manners.

Please pm me Rosie's address.  I'd like to send her a little poem. 

I only read her terrible news last night, and cried buckets for her.  I hope she feels on this mothers day, and all to come, the happy, light spirit and presence of her sweet son surrounding her.

:rofl:

No, it was a matter of manners.

Love, under some circumstances remembering manners exist, let alone having them influence one's actions is an enormous act of courage.

:grouphug:

Please pm me Rosie's address.  I'd like to send her a little poem. 

I only read her terrible news last night, and cried buckets for her.  I hope she feels on this mothers day, and all to come, the happy, light spirit and presence of her sweet son surrounding her.

pm'd you

Just realised there is an Australian quilt option.

Is this the same size and hands theme?

Dd and I would love to contribute.

Thanks Melissa.