Menu

Multi level history using SOTW and MOH?

heidip2p

We have always used an all in one curriculum like MFW or HOD. Next year we would like to pull our own resources together. I will have a K, 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th. If I want history to be stand alone but on the same time period would combing SOTW and MOH be the answer? I don't history taking up a big chunk of the day. I like SOTW but I don't if I could beef that up enough for my 8th grader. However, MOH might be over the head of my 2nd grader. I looked at Biblioplan but it just seems like a lot to do each day. Any ideas?

Personally, I'd rather keep it simple.  MOH Ancients lessons are pretty short.  Year two, they progressively see to get longer.  You can give them youngers a coloring sheet and then cycle through again in four years.  Add in some fun activities and maybe pick up a few picture books from time to time from the library to go along with the youngers :)  We also enjoyed the HOmeschool in the Woods bible lap books during Ancients, so you may consider using that for some of the middlers.  You can give the older one some assignments ala TWTM.  Or you could have the olders do some notebooking to synthesize what they are learning.