Menu

Facebook questions

retiredHSmom

You can turn off your chat, which CAN prevent them from seeing when you are on FB. (However, if you "like" or "comment" on any page with a "public" setting, whether it's a business or a friend, that can show up in any of your friends' tickers, so they can see that you are on.

You can adjust your settings so that no one can post to your wall.  Unfortunately, you can't pick and choose who you limit; it's any of your friends or none.

No, you can't block messages from this person without unfriending (and blocking) them.  But you CAN go to Messages when you see you have a new one, and then click the little x by their message, in the left navigation column where all your messages are listed, and archive it before you read it (you'll see the first line there).  If their message is the first one and so it shows up in its entirety on the main part of your screen, then quickly hit a different message down lower on the left so the one you don't want to see is no longer the one on the main part of the screen. 

If you're seeing activity pop on your wall/timeline that they've posted on THEIR wall, you can stop their own postings from showing up on your wall by hovering and clicking the down arrow in the post, in the upper right corner, and choosing either "I don't want to see this" or "Unfollow" (I forget which).  Then look for and choose "Hide all from this person?" If, on the other hand, they're posting directly to you on your wall, as described in the post above, that's right -- you can't stop that unless you stop everyone from posting on your wall (which I've done myself).

Actually, you can add them to a list called "restricted." Then they can't see much that is on your wall and they can't post on it. Go to their page, hover over the "Friends" rectangle, select "add to another list," cursor all the way down that list and you will find "restricted." Select that and it should be ok. You can test it by going back to your wall. Where it says "view activity log" look for the "..." to the right. Click on that and select "view as." Above your profile pic there will be white lettering that reads "View as Specific Person. Type in the person's name in the space at the top of the page.and you should see a difference.

HTH