Menu

Signed up Potters School Transition Math Class getting a little nervous

Guest jvikiiT

Guest jvikiiT

We've heard wonderful things about TPS and this year had a great experience with them. 

Math has becoming a little overwhelming for me so for this upcoming year we registered DS for Transition Math as well as a Science class. 

As I was looking for other information on here it's come to my attention that TPS uses Chicago Math which people seem to think it terrible. 

Has anyone taken this class before? I'm doing it to give DS a leg up in math not to make things worse. Any thoughts on the Math or Science would be very appreciated. 

Which science class is your DS taking?

My DS #2 has taken Pre-Transition Math at TPS.  It was a challenging class for him (6th grade).  If I remember correctly, the book was not very easy to use.  It was just hard for a pre-prealgebra class. He still made an A in the end.   After that experience, for 7th grade we decided to take a class with a local certified teacher using BJU Pre-Algebra as the text.  With Pre-Transition Math the year before, this BJU Pre-Algebra proved to be quite easy for DS.  So, my son decided for his 8th grade, he will returne to TPS and take the Algebra class because although it will be challenging, it is better for him in the long run.  Thus, I am a bit worry about him taking the math class with TPS because I know I will hear a lot of complaints from my son, but it will all work out in the end.  To sum it up, TPS math classes are challenging, but if the student works hard, they will do fine.  The teachers are great, BTW.

Guest jvikiiT

Thanks you very much for your thoughts. 

The Science Class is General Science with Ms. McKeeman. 

Thanks again for responding.