Menu

What can I do with turkey breast?

AimeeM

I just found some leftover turkey breast in the freezer :P

I'm sick of chicken, pork, steak, etc.

What can I *do* with it, though? DH is the pull-awesome-recipes-out-of-his-butt chef in this kitchen... not me... but he isn't home, lol.

I have a pretty standard stocked pantry and fridge - minced garlic, seasonings galore, onion, etc. It will be paired with jasmine rice and roasted broccoli florets (requested).

Any ideas?

I was going to suggest turkey enchiladas - white or red.  They are good.  There was a time when I was allergic to chicken (had allergy tests and got deathly ill from it.  I'm not now. heh), so our poultry was always turkey.  We loved turkey enchiladas, which was usually made from leftover roast turkey.

With broccoli and rice, you could do a teriyaki turkey.  

You can cook it with peppers, onions, some cumin, and garlic and make Turkey fajitas.

You could buy a box of stove top, and cook it with that for a quasi Thanksgiving meal.

Cook it, add white beans, a can of tomatoes, and a packet of chili spice to make turkey chili.  Serve with cornbread.  

my kids adore turkey divan (and it uses brocolli)

turkey pot pie - i add extra veggies  (I'm not a pie crust kinda girl.  I make homemade biscut dough to put on top of a casserole dish - and use the rest to make biscuts)

Super lazy;

Cooked turkey leftovers stirred together with of mushroom soup (not diluted) and frozen peas (and maybe other veggies) with onion powder (and maybe other seasonings) yields something like chicken a'la king. Serve with toast (or rice will do).

Our favorite thing to do with turkey is make turkey pot pie.  I use a filling of onions, carrots, celery, diced potatoes, peas, and turkey seasoned with salt, pepper, and thyme.  I precook it about half way before adding to the pie crust.  Then I pour a homemade gravy made with a roux and turkey stock over the filling before adding the top crust. 

I've bought three turkeys since Thanksgiving (including the Thanksgiving one) just so we can have turkey pot pies.  After the initial roasting, I divide up the leftover meat and bones into 5-6 freezer bags for future pies.