Menu

My boss's dandruff

Laura Corin

Yup. I cleaned his desk area about a week ago and it's visible again.

L

Not if it's scalp psoriasis. I have it and it's horribly embarrassing! I know people probably think I have an out of control case of dandruff but there's nothing that has worked for me. It's hard to live with between the pain and humiliation. :(

Not if it's scalp psoriasis. I have it and it's horribly embarrassing! I know people probably think I have an out of control case of dandruff but there's nothing that has worked for me. It's hard to live with between the pain and humiliation. :(

:grouphug: .

That's good to know - thanks.

Sorry you have to deal with that.

L

yup.  I thought ds15 had horrible dandruff but it turns out he has scalp psoriasis and intermittently on his eye brows too.  It's bad enough to deal with what appears to be out of control dandruff on your head but to have your eye brows flaking badly too is just embarrassing as all get out for him 

I feel bad for all of you who suffer it.  :(  But, to be fair, presumably you do your own cleaning, rather than leaving it for someone else to do.

Laura, I used to work for a guy who routinely picked his nose until it bled ... onto the pages of handwriting I then had to type up.  :ack2:   Needless to say, I do not regret leaving that job.

I feel bad for all of you who suffer it.  :(  But, to be fair, presumably you do your own cleaning, rather than leaving it for someone else to do.

Laura, I used to work for a guy who routinely picked his nose until it bled ... onto the pages of handwriting I then had to type up.  :ack2:   Needless to say, I do not regret leaving that job.

That is disgusting :ack2:

I have psoriasis on my scalp (and arthritic psoriasis).  It resembles dandruff.  Dandruff treatments don't work.  Actually anything that works only does for a short time and suddenly stops.  Right now what works for me is Lush's Big sea salt shampoo mixed with Dr. Bronner's peppermint liquid soap.  It's a weird combo, but it is working now.  One or the other alone doesn't do anything.  LOL  Sometimes I do an oil treatment with either coconut oil, olive oil, or hemp oil.  

Anyway, Laura, I understand that must not be fun to clean.  If I was him, I would be sure to wipe things down before I left for the day.  He may not realize, which is odd.  Good news is that it isn't contagious (if psoriasis), but that probably isn't too comforting when you have to clean it.  I'm real self-conscious about it so I'm always being sure mine doesn't make much outward appearance (when in public) by using hair spray, oils, and other things.  

You might see evidence of psoriasis on the skin a person exposes at work, but it's very possible not to. It is most often in the skin folds like behind ears, underarms, in crooks of elbow and knee. The genitals and navel are often affected too. Not so much the face, hands, wrists or neck.

Just sayin'.

You might see evidence of psoriasis on the skin a person exposes at work, but it's very possible not to. It is most often in the skin folds like behind ears, underarms, in crooks of elbow and knee. The genitals and navel are often affected too. Not so much the face, hands, wrists or neck.

Just sayin'.

Which are not areas you want to see on  your boss!  

You have all helped me to be more sympathetic.  I don't think he has a diagnosed skin problem, as he tells me in detail about all his doctor's appointments (being a mother is the best training for this job - my boss tells me about all his ailments and my colleague has a very difficult home life which he tells me all about).

L