Menu

Oldest son not a reader

Guest jill1034

Guest jill1034

Curriculum question: This is difficult for me, but I need help with curriculum. We have done Tapestry of Grace for 3 years. I love it, but my oldest ds is not a reader. As I move him up to Dialetic next year, I am afraid he will drown in the reading and hate it. I am torn between wanting him to have a classical education but also wanting to meet his learning style of hands on mechancial stuff. My youngest is a reader, but also really likes the hands on science stuff. They are not so much interested in hands-on arts and crafts.We have an active science curriculum and that is good. Any advice would be appreciated.

I think following your son's natural learning style will not only be more effective with respect to his obtaining, retaining, and applying knowledge, but it will reduce unnecessary stress for him and in the home. I really value the classical method as well, but it doesn't appeal to my kids like it appeals to me. That's why god created vanilla and chocolate, know what I mean? ;)