Menu

Anyone using TOG and Science in the Beginning/Ancient World

Scook86

Just wondering if anyone is using both programs and if you try to line up the time periods being studied. I've been thinking about doing that but I wanted to check and see if anyone else was already doing it and having success. Maybe get your tips/advice? Thanks!

P.S. We are starting with Year 1 Unit 1 in TOG so I was thinking of doing Science in the Ancient World.

I'm using them both, but not lining them up. I think that's more work than I'd like to do. I like both programs though! Next year, I plan to use TOG year 1 and science in the Ancient World. They may or may not be started at the same time though.

I'm using them both, but not lining them up. I think that's more work than I'd like to do. I like both programs though! Next year, I plan to use TOG year 1 and science in the Ancient World. They may or may not be started at the same time though.

Looks like we have the same plan! I think I'm gonna try and line them up. I have to get my hands on both first. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm using MOH, not TOG, but I did briefly consider lining up MOH with Ancient World. Once I got my copy of Ancient World I decided that would be difficult unless I wanted to do half a science text this year and two whole books in one of the subsequent years. Ancient World goes all the way through 1500ish (DaVinci is the last person profiled in it, and he is at the beginning of MOH III!). Even though it is called "Ancient" world, it represents what most of us doing something like a 4 year history cycle do in two plus years. It's set up with 90 lessons so it is also hard to picture doing more than one book in a future year..so assuming we like Ancient world as much as I think we will...I am resigning myself to not having them lined up.

• 7 months later...