Menu

Writing options X-post: between WWE 4 and WWS 1 (TaraTheLiberator and Jewel, please chime in)

Ds 9 is finishing up WWE 4. Meanwhile he finished IEW Student Writing Intensive A, which he did really well with since he took it with a group of 8 kids with a wonderful teacher mom that I know. He also loves creative writing and has written a novel of 65 pages so far, with good vocab, varied sentences, and a decent story line. I do not think he is ready for the very formal and heavy WWS 1 yet, which I will save after he is 10.5.

I own All things Fun and Fascinating and Jump In. But when I asked him to try Fun and Fascinating, he wasn't interested. For some reason I don't feel drawn to Jump In.

TaraTheLiberator and Jewel, I know you did School Composition. Do you think this will work for ds?

For everyone else, what writing programs do you use for a somewhat natural writer after WWE 4 and Student Writing Intensive A?

If you have experience with both School Composition and CAP W&R Book 3--Narrative 2, can you compare them and which do you recommend?

Thanks for your help!