Menu

Self-Education - One Course or Multiple Courses at a Time?

Guest rcb0210

Guest rcb0210

Okay, so I'm just getting into self-education. I want to give myself a high school education. (I did graduate from high school, but I went to one of those schools where you can pass without learning anything, so of course I chose not to learn anything.) Right now I want to focus on:

World Geography
Music
Physical Science
English
Algebra 1

In your opinion, would it be better to study one course completely and move on to the next one after I'm finished. or would it be better to study all of them simultaneously?

Depends on how much time you have at your disposal. If you have nothing else to do and can devote several hours daily to your self education, do several simultaneously. If you are working a job, homeschooling children and keeping a household running, you might want to start with one serious academic course and one that is just enrichment and fun.

The only way I could do it was to start with one and focus on it. When I've tried to do two or more simultaneously, I get too scattered, make no progress, and then lose all motivation to do anything. Better to choose the one I was most interested in and get into a routine.

YMMV.