Menu

yay for DD :hurray: ( BRAG)

Background - DD entered lots of things in the local agricultural fair. she won in just about every spot she entered, which is not hard to do as she was mostly only competing against her younger brother.

Two of her entries were in a category that if she won would send her to the regional judging.  One of my children have got to the regional judging for the last 14 years, and once they hit other competitors they do not go any further.

Well my DD won at the regional judging for her carrot cake (Adult section ). :hurray: And is now through to the state final at the Melbourne Agricultural show for her carrot cake (Adult section). :hurray:

She also got 2nd for her Junior fruit cake at regional level, and got a special reward and trophy for having the most winning points at the show at town level.

My children have never ever been to the Melbourne Agricultural show. They are pretty excited that they will be going this year.

Sorry about the shameless brag- I am just so excited for her

Hurray for her!  :hurray:

There, now aren't you glad you bought all those groceries for her? :D

Now I'm really glad we didn't let ds in to the house to stick his fingers in her goods.  :huh:  :laugh:

Thank you Rosie.

I still feel bad about sitting out in the rain because of all DDs cooking in the house. I felt like such a poor host :blushing:

VAS Carrot Cake competition recipe All measurements are metric- Australian standard measurements

Ingredients

3 (about 350g) carrots grated

1 cup self-raising flour

1/2 cup plain flour

1 tsp bicarbonate of soda

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1/2 cup brown sugar

3/4 cup oil

1/2 cup golden syrup (honey can be substituted successfully)

3 eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup walnuts

Method

1. preheat oven to 170 oC grease 20cm round cake tin, line bottom

2. sift flours, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon

3. put sugar, oil golden syrup, eggs and vanilla into a brown and mix until combined

4. pour into dry ingredients and stir with wooden spoon until just combined

5. add carrot and walnuts and stir

6.pour mixture into pan and bake for 1 hour. set aside on wire rack for 5 minutes before turning out on rack to cool.

Thank you Rosie.

I still feel bad about sitting out in the rain because of all DDs cooking in the house. I felt like such a poor host :blushing:

Really no. I had  no intention of letting ds in your house before I even knew dd was baking!