Menu

The Great Courses Master Class List

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

The Spanish language courses taught by Bill Worden are quite good.  I first checked the level 1 course out of our library, but have since subscribed to Great Courses Plus.  If looking for supporting materials beyond the slim course workbook, the Vistas or Descubre texts from Vista Higher Learning are a good fit.  (Not surprising, since Prof. Worden has taught from the Vistas text.) 

https://www.thegreatcourses.com/courses/learning-spanish-how-to-understand-and-speak-a-new-language.html

Edited by jplain
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Daughter and I have been really really enjoying this one.  Available on Audible Plus.   

How to Listen to and Understand Opera
By: Robert Greenberg, 

He starts out with the history and how it evolved then goes on to the different schools of opera. He has many clips and we've bookmarked several of them and listened to them over and over again.  He loves opera so deeply that his attitude is "Of course everyone would love opera if they just gave it a try."    (I think he is correct).  He is also entertaining.  I'm considering spending some Audible credits on his that aren't on Plus or Kanopy.  

Edited by shawthorne44
  • Like 1