Menu

Workplace shooting right by my house

AlmiraGulch

There was a shooting at a FedEx facility about 30 seconds from my house this morning.  They're saying at least 6 people are confirmed shot, and the shooter is on the loose.

I had a conference call for work at 6:30 am today and I actually had to mute the phone because of the constant stream of sirens outside my window, but I had no idea what was going on. 

I heard about it right after DD17 left the house to walk to the bus stop.  That's a bit unnerving, considering she walks through an apartment complex to get there.  Apartment complexes are good places to hide.  (Yeah, I know it's highly unlikely, but we're really quite close to that facility).

I do hope all of the victims are ok. 

I am a bit relieved the shooter is dead, which I know sounds cold, but this was never going to end well once the shooting started.  

I can't believe that the stream of sirens has not stopped.  Even now, it's still one after the other after the other.  And the helicopters.  It's quite loud here.  

Seems odd since the suspect is dead.

I'm sure they're just making extra sure he was a lone gunman and that he didn't leave any bombs or anything. And the helicopters could well be media and not law enforcement.   All those sirens and helicopters would be making me anxious even though the gunman is dead. 

Hope your day calms down and you can get back to normal. A friend there has a limo service and she said the traffic is a nightmare. 

I'm sure they're just making extra sure he was a lone gunman and that he didn't leave any bombs or anything. And the helicopters could well be media and not law enforcement.   All those sirens and helicopters would be making me anxious even though the gunman is dead. 

Hope your day calms down and you can get back to normal. A friend there has a limo service and she said the traffic is a nightmare. 

You're probably right.  It has quieted down substantially.

Hi fellow Atlantan!

The residual noise is from the police investigation and double-checking it was a lone person with no secondary devices left behind. They have to secure the facility from the media (some of the helicopters) and random nutbuckets who want to rubberneck. And secure the FedEx facility to make sure nothing gets stolen.

Yes, I will admit I'm glad when the shooter saves taxpayers time and money. Of course everyone would prefer it not happen in the first place.

Man, I move away from Atlanta and crazy things happen! weird weather and shootings.. Glad you are all safe!

A friend of a friend works at that FedEx. He's stuck not able to drive anywhere. His car has been taped up with police tape and his belongings (phone, etc) have been taken. Apparently they are investigating/questioning everyone...

I am a bit relieved the shooter is dead, which I know sounds cold, but this was never going to end well once the shooting started.  

I understand exactly how you feel.

We had a similar situation in our neighborhood. Was strangely relieved to find out he was dead.