Menu

Needed: Revolutionary War activites

ProudGrandma

we are just now getting to the Revolutionary war in SOTW and I want to do some fun things with my kids.  They are 9, 12 and 13.  They are too old for the Evan Moor History Pockets (I think) but I am not sure what else might be out there.  Can someone help me know what options are?  thanks.

We are SO into the Revolutionary War here. We are doing a battlefield reproduction of the Battle of Cowpens (and hope to go there this summer). I used some of the EM history pockets, we watched every episode of Liberty Kids, are reading the book The Great Little Madison, have a new book called The Founding of the United States from B&N, which has reproduction letters and Declaration of Independence. I downloaded a packet on uniforms of the Revolutionary War that is really interesting, too. Most of that was over the last two weeks.

"George vs George" is a great book about the Revolutionary War. I'm not sure about activities. We haven't done any- just tons of books and movies. Liberty's Kids is great. We also ordered Schlessinger media's DVDs that were relevant from the library. We live outside of Boston, so we plan to visit several historical spots this Spring.

We did have a tea party. There's a recipe in some book for Revolutionary war tea. It was made from something other than tea, but I can't remember what! We colored maps of the 13 colonies.

are the Homeschool in the woods activities more advanced than the Evan Moor History Pockets?  It looks like a lot of the same type of stuff...with maybe a few added things like the dipping candles, making a bag, playing a game.  If it's more advanced, then it would be worth the money....but I already have access to the Evan Moor stuff...so I can't afford to spend money on something so similar to what I aready have.  thanks.

There are lots of articles which you can see listed in the table of contents.  There are also recommended reading lists, discussion/essay topics, films, websites and additional activities for all ages in the side bars. There is no advertising at all in the magazine, so you're getting your money's worth. I have the actual magazine format, but these now come on CD. A great investment-I have them all.

https://www.learningthroughhistory.com/issue32006.php