Menu

Can I recolor dd's hair if it isn't dark enough?

Ottakee

18dd wanted her hair colored black (from a medium brown).  I followed my friend (who is a hair dresser) advice to pick a shade 2 lighter than what you really want as the at home stuff tends to come out much darker than you expect.  All is great.........except the color came out as a dark brown NOT the black she wanted.  Now she wants me to color her hair again ASAP to get the black color she wants.  I want a more natural looking black, not the witch wig black black that looks so unnatural.

Any hints for me?  I used a Revlon at home kit and it was easy to do and the color actually did come out as the color listed on the box, not the darker shade my friend though it might turn out.

Will I ruin her hair if we redo it again soon?

Well, we used a brand from the local beauty supply store, and followed directions, and it really didn't do anything.. like it all washed out, so we ran to the store, and bought Loreal, and re-did it immediately. Turned out great! And yes, it exactly matched the box color.

I've used Revlon Colorsilk, and when going darker the color on the box was always pretty much what I got in real life.

I've never found it to be harsh on my hair so I think you would be fine, but I would call the number on the box just in case she could accidentally end up with green hair or something.