Menu

Wordsmith Apprentice vs. Essentials in Writing

Wonder

I have just put an order in for EIW after 6 months of research! Lol! So while I can't yet compare, I believe that EIW is a complete English program except for spelling.

I have Wordsmith and while my dd 11 is really enjoying it, it wouldn't be enough for English alone.

So get both! Lol! ;-)

I have just put an order in for EIW after 6 months of research! Lol! So while I can't yet compare, I believe that EIW is a complete English program except for spelling.

I have Wordsmith and while my dd 11 is really enjoying it, it wouldn't be enough for English alone.

So get both! Lol! ;-)

Nice to hear that you made a choice. I will be curious to hear how it goes. :)

From what it looks like, IEW looks more complicated than Wordsmith Apprentice. I don't own IEW, but I do own and use Wordsmith Apprentice. DS10 is not enthused about writing, but he doesn't mind WA. He likes the cartoons. He is not excited about anything that involves writing except the Imagination Stretchers or writing about whatever he wants (he's currently writing a story about Twin Princesses or something to that effect). He really needs to work on his grammar, spelling, and sentence structure, though. After six years of telling him to capitalize and punctuate, he still fails to do so many, many times   :glare:  :banghead:

From what it looks like, IEW looks more complicated than Wordsmith Apprentice. I don't own IEW, but I do own and use Wordsmith Apprentice. DS10 is not enthused about writing, but he doesn't mind WA. He likes the cartoons. He is not excited about anything that involves writing except the Imagination Stretchers or writing about whatever he wants (he's currently writing a story about Twin Princesses or something to that effect). He really needs to work on his grammar, spelling, and sentence structure, though. After six years of telling him to capitalize and punctuate, he still fails to do so many, many times   :glare:  :banghead:

I just want to clear up that IEW is not the same as EIW, they get mixed up all the time though. :)