Menu

Wedding gift help!

sheryl

Background - this couple has been living together for about 10 years so they have already set up housekeeping.

What on earth can I get this girl and her husband to be?  Money - no.  It's impersonal.  I know it's practical! :)  Gift card?  Help!

Thanks. 

Picture Frame with a photo.

But honestly, I just don't stress out about wedding gifts anymore.

I write a check, and write a lengthy personal note (with memories) in the wedding card.

To me, that's what makes any gift more meaningful (and my avatar reveals my preference, too)!

wine drinkers - I really don't know. 

picture frame - yes, this crossed my mind.   lol - avatar.   From one Lizzie B. fan to another! 

zoo membership - very creative.  however, I don't know if they would go for that. 

registered - no, they are not b/c they "set up" housekeeping together about 10 years ago.  so they have the coffer maker, toaster, etc. 

thanks, everyone!

In your shoes, if they have all the household good they need, then I would not think of this as a wedding present, but as a Christmas present.  I would stay away from "wedding" things and just buy them any old gift.  No, that came out wrong.  I would still buy them a nice gift, but I wouldn't worry about it being "wedding" enough.  Something you would get any couple.  Like, (this may be lame, I'm thinking off the cuff) some gourmet popcorn and a Netflix or some such service subscription (for movie watching together.)  Gift cards to nice restaurants and a movie giftcard (dinner and a movie).  Stuff like that.  I'd stay away from the home goods and just get them a fun gift that they can use together, just as I would if I bought them a joint Christmas gift.

Oh wait, I saw the above one about the cool door knocker.  If you could find a really unique home item, them that would be good.  But only if it's unique.