Menu

Well-trained Mind Academy!

Hi all! Justin from Peace Hill Press here. Yes, the Well-Trained Mind Academy is a real thing--we're launching this fall! The www.wtmacademy.com site is a landing page where you can get some preliminary information, and where you can be added to our notification list, to be the first to hear about course offerings, registration, pricing, etc. I'm sure you'll also be hearing about it here on the Forums.
We're pretty stoked about this.

The Academy is also on Facebook now at www.facebook.com/WTMAcademy.

Hey! How can I get in on this? I don't think I'll have any kids of the right ages home next year to enroll, but I'd love to be a help in some way!

Tiramisu, go ahead and sign up for the contact list...and as more updates come out, perhaps you'll see a way you can get involved. Thanks for your interest!

It says, "classes designed to help you teach your student in the classical tradition."

Is it for us parents, then? 

Walking-Iris...sorry if that was unclear. These are classes for the student...as in, the student interacting with a teacher, via online lectures/email/discussions/chat. So, we hope that it will be a helpful service for the parent who's assembling their child's education, but it's not "a class for parents" in that sense.

I'm looking forward to seeing what else will be available.  My ds who starts high school in the fall has already done WWS 1 and 2 and SWB's ancient history book, and we have a good math option in place.  But since we're overseas, I am very interested in online classical high school courses. Thanks so much for doing this!

Typically I prefer not to enroll the children in online classes (or local co-ops) - with the exception of enrichment classes, such as arts, crafts, music, etc.   However, this has me quite excited.   I'm really looking forward to hearing more about the Well-Trained Mind Academy.  This may be the one online program that I utilize for the children.