Menu

need help with Bible School craft

ProudGrandma

as part of our Bible School craft this summer, I want to take these https://www.pinterest.com/pin/157485318191531431/

and I am wondering if I could take shells like these, put some wax beads in them, and put them in a low temp oven to melt the wax...I really didn't want to pour hot wax with kids around...

what do you think...or is there a better way?

I've never done it but your idea sounds reasonable as long as you place the candle in after the wax in the shell is softened. ;)

Thinking on it more, would the shell be adversely affected by cooking? I guess if you use a low temp and don't cook it too long it should be ok.

I think this idea of a tea light in the shell would be prettier.

are you thinking of something different than I am...I think of a tea light in the little silver cup sitting in the shell and that, to me, doesn't look so pretty.  What I am missing?  Or are you taking the silver cup off and having just the candle part, 

Couple ideas:

sand mixed with glue and then the tealight in the sand (set into the sand so you don't see the metal) or the birthday candle in the sand...depending on the age of the kids they could mix the glue and sand together themselves and press it in the shell with the candle

blue clay representing water with the birthday candle or tealight set into it...modeling clay wouldn't dry out and the candle could be replaced or with something like Model Magic that air dries the kids could fill the shell and then poke in a birthday candle holder so that the candle could be replaced as needed

I don't like the wax idea because the kids won't really be doing anything.