Menu

Science Fair Project books

Walking-Iris

http://www.amazon.com/Ecosystem-Science-Fair-Projects-Crickets/dp/0766023672/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398367424&sr=8-2&keywords=ecosystem+science+fair+projects

Does anyone have any experience using any of the books in this collection of Science Projects series?

http://www.amazon.com/Plant-Animal-Science-Fair-Projects/dp/0766023680/ref=pd_sim_b_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1E3AAR43HBGE62AP6C3J

There's quite a few of them, always with the pics of the kids on the covers.

Sorry, haven't used them but wanted to bump your post! My dd loves doing the science fair (our regional fair is tomorrow!), and generally draws her ideas either from the science she is using, or from questions that come up in life. She's done hot air balloons, a "Cell City" (comparing how the parts of a cell work to how a city works--got that idea from Apologia Anatomy but she really ran with it!), hovercrafts (idea from Supercharged Science), solar power, and this year she's doing one on how the human voice works (inspired by discussions with her voice teacher).

Sorry, haven't used them but wanted to bump your post! My dd loves doing the science fair (our regional fair is tomorrow!), and generally draws her ideas either from the science she is using, or from questions that come up in life. She's done hot air balloons, a "Cell City" (comparing how the parts of a cell work to how a city works--got that idea from Apologia Anatomy but she really ran with it!), hovercrafts (idea from Supercharged Science), solar power, and this year she's doing one on how the human voice works (inspired by discussions with her voice teacher).

We weren't going to do a science fair. At any rate I don't think there is one near me for homeschoolers. But I was interested in getting some more science books that my kids could just glean their own self directed ideas from. I have several science activity books, but my ds2 especially loves to look at any book science related, and occasionally with just a bit of help from me he'll follow through on his own.

Some of these books are recommended by WTM, but I had never seen them before.