Menu

Looking to organize my home library (software? app?)

TheAttachedMama

Does anyone have any suggestions for an app or software that can help someone organize their home library?  I am looking for something that I could use to catalog and automatically search the content of the books we own.  That way when we are studying something I can be sure that I pulled all of the applicable books from our shelves.   My book collection has started to get to the point where I forget what we own.  (I NEVER thought that would be a problem....but it has gotten to that point.) 

We are a mac family, so I need something that could run on a MacBook or an Iphone.  It would be great if I could use my iphone to scan in the ISBN numbers.  I really don't want to have to buy any other hardware or scanners.  And I would love a catalog system that would automatically upload the cover pictures of the book.  And one that is free (or very, very, very cheap).  (I'm not picky at all.....am I??? ;) ) 

Hmmm....I couldn't get your link to post.  And I'm not having any luck finding the answer by searching the forum on my own.  But thanks for taking the time to post and share your link.  I'm sure that this has been discussed before.  :)

I'm on Mac and just getting my library entered in with Delicious Library. Your iphone can be your scanner. I like it more than librarything (which I used for years before) because you can enter more than just books. So now our audio books, CDs, DVDs, etc. can all be entered and in the same catalog.