Menu

National Greek Exam

Brag alert!

Ds earned a Purple Ribbon (Highest Honors) for Greek 1 through Lukeion.  He is thrilled, especially after his Gold Medal for Latin 3 (also through Lukeion).

I have to admit that I was nervous about signing him on for Greek after seeing the time commitment for Latin and his other coursework this year.  But he really wanted to study Greek. :-)

He will continue with AP Latin and Greek 2 next year as a Junior but I don't know if he will have time to add Greek 3 to his schedule during his Sr. Year.  He's interested in Engr so we're trying to figure out how to still keep up with all the other Math/Science credits and still be heavily involved in Music.  Aaaack.

Anybody else? 

ETA:  Ds informs me that Highest Honors is a Blue Ribbon according to what Mr. Barr posted in class yesterday.  I guess Purple Ribbon is a perfect paper??  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Congratulations to your son, TeaTotaler!!  Greek 1 & Latin 3, both at Lukeion, is a heavy load. Good for him!

My ds also earned a Purple/Highest Honors for Greek 1 through Lukeion and gold for Latin 2 through VP!  Greek is the class he is most looking forward to next year, so he'll be continuing with Greek 2 and Latin 3 at Lukeion in the fall.

Congratulations to your son, TeaTotaler!!  Greek 1 & Latin 3, both at Lukeion, is a heavy load. Good for him!

My ds also earned a Purple/Highest Honors for Greek 1 through Lukeion and gold for Latin 2 through VP!  Greek is the class he is most looking forward to next year, so he'll be continuing with Greek 2 and Latin 3 at Lukeion in the fall.

Thanks.  Congrats to your ds, too.  I think we should have a Lukeion student gathering sometime.  Ds would like to take a trip with the Barrs before he heads off to college.  I told him to start saving. :-)

Thanks. Congrats to your ds, too. I think we should have a Lukeion student gathering sometime. Ds would like to take a trip with the Barrs before he heads off to college. I told him to start saving. :-)

We were groupies at the Cincinnati convention last year. Not only hung around the booth for ages, but also had lunch with Dr Fisher who was teaching our Latin 1 class. She is also a gem. Ds (Cauliflower ) and I are in her lit classes next year.

We were groupies at the Cincinnati convention last year. Not only hung around the booth for ages, but also had lunch with Dr Fisher who was teaching our Latin 1 class. She is also a gem. Ds (Cauliflower ) and I are in her lit classes next year.

For the last couple of years I have gone to Cincy with a friend.  Ds insisted on attending this year just so he could meet the Barrs. 

How fun that you get to be in a lit class with your ds. 

Congratulations to everyone for outstanding work!  My three children all took Highest Honors on Greek this year.  They all attend Lukeion and love Regan's classes.  My twins (6th grade) are in Greek 1, and my oldest daughter (9th grade) is finishing her fourth year with Regan.  She missed a perfect paper on Attic prose by 1 point. Eldest also got her 4th gold medal for Latin, and C/K got their second gold medals for Latin.  We are all doing the happy dance this afternoon.

Congratulations to everyone for outstanding work!  My three children all took Highest Honors on Greek this year.  They all attend Lukeion and love Regan's classes.  My twins (6th grade) are in Greek 1, and my oldest daughter (9th grade) is finishing her fourth year with Regan.  She missed a perfect paper on Attic prose by 1 point. Eldest also got her 4th gold medal for Latin, and C/K got their second gold medals for Latin.  We are all doing the happy dance this afternoon.

Congratulations!  You and your dc deserve to do the happy dance.  :hurray:

Thanks!  I noticed your son will be in AP Latin this fall.  My oldest daughter will be too.  She has always done Latin with me, so this is her first experience with Lukeion in Latin.  I wish I could do it with her, but too many medical problems and taking care of my nephew make me doubt my ability to effectively prepare her. 

I too think it would be neat to have a get together with the Lukeion students and meet the Barr's.  We would all love to travel to Greece with them next year, but finances are not there yet ... so we will see if something wonderful happens and it works out! I really want to do this at least with my oldest, who will celebrate her 16th birthday in 2015, but Grace will only go if we can all go together... needless to say, paying for a family of 5 is quite different than just traveling the two of us.

Congrats again for outstanding work! It's tough juggling two languages with advanced maths and sciences! :)

I hear you on farming out Latin.  I felt like I was holding ds back - you can see the variety of programs we went through. :-)  I have some chronic health issues too so I've been saving my energy for the subjects I know that I can cover.  You've done well if you've helped your dd with Latin all the way through Latin 3.  It was relief to turn over PreCalc to Derek Owens this year. 

Hope your family can go on a trip with the Barrs.  Ds would like us to go on the trip to Turkey in 2016, right before he graduates.  I guess we can dream.....