Menu

I have a would you eat this question....

mlktwins

I splurged yesterday and bought pre-cut watermelon (it came in bite size pieces in a plastic container) and a container of organic baby spinach.  I put it in my cart around 4:45 pm, brought it home, left my house again with these 2 items sitting on the counter, and came back around about 6:45 pm.  So...they were out of refrigeration for 2 hours.  I immediately put it in the fridge, but now I'm nervous for us to eat it.

Would you eat it or toss it?

I would eat it. I cannot imagine why you would be worried they are not meat or dairy. people here regularly take watermelon etc to the beach. leave it in their car while they swim /play in the sand for a few hours then go to the car and eat the watermelon. In the shops here you buy large watermelon segments ( 1/4s, glad wrapped)  that are in the regular vegetable section, not refrigerated.

when watermelon goes off you will know it.

The spinach will be fine for days out of the fridge. My grandmother keeps her spinach in a glass of water on the sink, just like a flower.

Just wanted to be sure.  Packing for a trip, feeling like this :willy_nilly: , and am trying to avoid any preventable stomach issues .  I actually just found a site that says cut watermelon is good on the counter for 1 day.  I've just always kept it in the fridge straight from the store.  Learn something new everyday.

Thanks all!