Menu

Lexapro

Unicorn.

Anyone have a reaction to it? Like vomiting? It was taken on an empty stomach, and I had asked the doc about that, and he said it should be fine. It was also taken right before a really hard swim workout. I picked said kid up from pool about an hour after taking the meds.

Keeping kid home tomorrow to observe, but just wondered if it bothered anyone else?

Also wondering if anybody was told not to take Ibuprofin with it? We weren't told this, just read online that it might cause some issues?

Anything else I should be aware of, look for, avoid taking? What about stuff like Sudafed, Benadryl....

I felt "tingly" for the first few days. And sleepy, so I started taking it at night.

The tingly went away within a week.

It helped me in the short term get past depression and PTSD. I now think a different Rx would have been appropriate, but it truly allowed me to access behavior and thinking that moved me into a more holistic mental health care, but I would not have been able to do that without the Rx assist.

I could not sleep while taking it.  So I reduced the dose and reduced it and reduced it until I was taking literally a speck of the stuff and I *still* couldn't sleep.  When I stopped taking the speck, I started sleeping again. 

Well said kid doesn't need the sleepy... already sleeps 13+ hours if given the chance! About to try it again.. hoping yesterday was a fluke, and we won't have vomiting again. My other two weren't feeling great today, and I already picked one of them up.. so I'm wondering if maybe they have a bug.

The combo of empty stomach and heavy work out would be a trigger for either of my kids for any kind of med on an empty stomach.  So this certainly wouldn't set off any alarms at this house.  I was on Lexapro for a while.  I took it at night, and had very few side affects and it was helpful to me for a time with PPD.

I've been taking it for a few months now for my OCD/anxiety, and it made me feel nauseous for maybe an hour after I took it for the first few days.  That went away though, and it wasn't as bad if I took it with food.  A lot of the SSRIs have bad side effects for the first week or two that usually go away, so for side effects that are annoying but not dangerous it's a good idea to try to stick it out for at least that long.

I've taken both Ibuprofen and Benadryl with no issues other than a bit more sleepiness than usual with the Benadryl.