Menu

Need help finding a timeline

Guest Mommyto3girls

Guest Mommyto3girls

Hello everyone,

could someone recommend a timeline for me that comes with stickers or pictures to be added as you go. We will be using Story of the world and was hoping to find something that might be compatible. I've looked at the homeschool in the woods one and the pandia press option. They both look wonderful - anyone have any experience with these? Or others to recommend?

Thank you so much!

Jen

We have the Pandia Press timelines and they are pretty awesome. I didn't want to spend the money at first--I am also having them laminated as we go, which adds about $10 per timeline--but I just haven't come across anything else that well done that I thought would work. So far, however, I think they're totally worth the money.

We are currently using the Ancients one. Because I had it laminated, I can (and often do) write on it with dry erase marker. The stickers are nice, but I almost wish we hadn't put them on. You can't peel them off (I mistakenly thought I'd be able to peel them off after awhile. Not so.) I don't know why this bothers me, but it does!

ETA: If you don't need them right away, it may be worth signing up for the Pandia Press newsletter and waiting 'till they go on sale. Every so often they have really nice discounts on their products--I got my timelines when they were 20 or 25% off.

We have the Pandia Press timelines and they are pretty awesome. I didn't want to spend the money at first--I am also having them laminated as we go, which adds about $10 per timeline--but I just haven't come across anything else that well done that I thought would work. So far, however, I think they're totally worth the money.

We are currently using the Ancients one. Because I had it laminated, I can (and often do) write on it with dry erase marker. The stickers are nice, but I almost wish we hadn't put them on. You can't peel them off (I mistakenly thought I'd be able to peel them off after awhile. Not so.) I don't know why this bothers me, but it does!

ETA: If you don't need them right away, it may be worth signing up for the Pandia Press newsletter and waiting 'till they go on sale. Every so often they have really nice discounts on their products--I got my timelines when they were 20 or 25% off.

We use these and are very happy with them.  We also bought the pre-history one that is separate from the packet of timelines they sell, and it was stunning to use them and see how very little we had to write on them that far back in time, and how long we had to "wait" to get to some civilization that could be put on a timeline.  What I really liked about them was that they were divided up into 4 history eras that matched SOTW and each timeline could be extended and hung on a wall, or easily kept in a notebook.  Reasonably priced, also.

There are wonderful, free pictures that perfectly coordinate to SoTW at the yahoo group, Hannah's Homeschool Helps. She also has memory cards, sentences, etc. You just print them out. You could use sticker paper or just a glue stick.

Here's a pic of our very simple timeline--made from construction paper. 100_1001_edited.JPG

There are several timelines and a set of stickers to choose from here:

https://www.learningthroughhistory.com/Store/CategoryTimelines.html

This is an alternative to the stickers.  These are printed out with or without the captions under them and you cut and glue them.

http://www.amazon.com/History-Through-Ages-Collection-CD/dp/097202655X/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398374487&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=hietorical+timeline+figures

Homeschooling in the woods makes them and you can buy them here individually or in a package.

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/cms_content?page=1904342&sp=102656&kw=r-homeschool%20in%20the%20woods&mt=b&dv=c&event=PPCSRC&p=1018818&gclid=CJjsnMKH-r0CFcVbfgodzwMAtw