Menu

Getting to our final days of the school year

lynn

Hmm, well, for once keeping track of hours has served us well - we're going to be able to finish a little over a week earlier than I thought. Only 7 days left including today - and yes, even with that it's been tough not to want to just be done. On the other hand? Soooo close!

Hang in there, you can do it! :0)

Right at three weeks left here. We are ready to be done, but we've actually kind of been enjoying the last little bit. Allowing reading on the front porch, changing up math a bit, and really being the cheerleader is helping with attitudes at the end of the year. Giving us that last little kick at the end.

DD has 4 weeks including this one before she is done her online academy.  I cannot wait!  Then she switches to math only this summer (she seriously needs the break after the intense school year).  She needs to be crafty and play her piano as much as she wants.  The playground sounds so much more fun then the classroom right now, but I am trying to be strong and finish out the school year on a good note.

We're into the performance/competition season (4 weeks in a row of something extra each weekend, plus extra rehearsals), so we're into the final stretch. I'd actually call it done after this week were it not that DD has two online classes that go into May.

We are getting to the end of our school-calendar-year organized activities. That means we can focus, uninterrupted, on winding up the academic work. Science is definitely done, writing/composition is, too, but we've got some grammar and history to finish. And we are math-all-summer people. Can't stand losing time to review work each fall.

We're done next week (started beginging of August and only took a break for Christmas). I'm so so so ready to just call it good. They've already finished their grammer and spelling books for the year, so our school days are already shorter, but I'm still just ready to be done.

We are technically finished mid may with our 180 days but some subjects did not get completed for the year for I felt we needed a bit more review here and there.   (Don't tell my ds that, I want him to complete his Algebra book which adds about a week to "days")

DS18 takes two finals tomorrow for his online classes, then one more in two weeks at the public school.  He plans on spending hte next two weeks reviewing hard for the AP tests and taking it easy.

DD12 has one more chapter of math, then we are just going to play around with stuff until mid-May. 

It's been a very productive year here.