Menu

zuum central vac?

MamaBearTeacher

We have central vac (though a different brand).  Honestly, I usually just pull out my vacuum.  It is a pain being tethered to one point and having to go back and forth switching outlets.  It also seems to get clogged up more often and can be a pain to use with attachments.

We have a Beam central vac.  It's almost eight years old now and still has far better suction than any brand new canister or upright vacuum I've ever used.  It works wonderfully all around.  My only dislike (and it's a big one) relates to dragging the hose around.  It's a very long hose, and sometimes I think it has a life of its own, and a purpose of its own -- to annoy me!

I love ours. We moved into a new house 8 months ago and it was disclosed that it didn't work so we never tried t. Then or regular vacuum broke and we didn't want to buy a new one so my husband decided to look at the central. The canister just needed a good cleaning out and it works perfectly.

Yes the hose is long but I still find it easier to use and maintain. Also I can pull out the top part to use as a hose on the edges without having to stop vacuuming or come back. Love love love that part.

We also have an attachment for hard floors but I tend to sweep instead. My sister has central vac and this thing in her kitchen she sweeps into. It's awesome!!!

I love ours. We moved into a new house 8 months ago and it was disclosed that it didn't work so we never tried t. Then or regular vacuum broke and we didn't want to buy a new one so my husband decided to look at the central. The canister just needed a good cleaning out and it works perfectly.

Yes the hose is long but I still find it easier to use and maintain. Also I can pull out the top part to use as a hose on the edges without having to stop vacuuming or come back. Love love love that part.

We also have an attachment for hard floors but I tend to sweep instead. My sister has central vac and this thing in her kitchen she sweeps into. It's awesome!!!

We have that, and it is awesome when sweeping.  But I usually use a small stick vac to do the kitchen, so ours doesn't get used a lot.  Usually only when we have a big spill of cereal or something like that.

I grew up in a home with a central vac.  While I"m sure it was all modern and all, it was just as much of a pain to haul the hose around the house as an actual vacuum.  Plus, "real" vacuums do a better job IMHO and are a lot easier to fix/replace if something goes wrong.

Central vacuums do require good maintenance for best results but overall I think they can be a great investment! We have a different brand central vacuum that really works well.  DFD9 has severe asthma with dust and molds as a trigger so we have to be quite fastidious with regards to this and she has done very well in our home.  

My house has a central vacuum, but I don't know what brand. When we moved here four years ago, I snickered, thinking, "How 1970s!"  But I LOVE it.  Central vacs are a pretty simple system, hoses connected beneath the floor, along the basement ceiling to the canister in my basement.  I have a ranch house, so I don't have to lug hoses around much, I just have three vacuum ports in my house that reach everywhere. The only thing that's ever jammed up my vacuum is the occasional sock from under the couch, but I (think I) have always caught them before going into the wall.  I even vacuum my dog with it, lol.  My husband takes care of the canister, so I don't have to think about that.

If I were given the choice, I'd choose the central vac, at least for my house.

I do plan on having a central vac in our next house.  One thing I will suggest: if you have a multi-level house, get an extra hose (one for each floor), it will make life much, much easier (dragging that thing up and down stairs is a pain.  OH, and if you have hardwood floors, you should get a soft cloth outside, or the hose will scratch your floors. 

We have a central vacuum system. It is the best thing about this house. They must vary by brand. We have never had a regular vacuum that comes close to cleaning as well. The hose can be a pain, but it is worth it. All the dirt empties into a canister in the garage. The house never gets that dusty smell from the vacuum. We do have the port in the kitchen for sweeping. The central vacuum

has helped me control my asthma more than anything else I've tried.