Menu

Summer Review for CLE or R&S Grammar?

MeAndTheBoys

We use CLE LA this year, used R&S before that.  And I find them to be fairly parallel, so I think if you use either (or another old-style grammar program), you might be able to help me!!!

My 4th grader is doing well in CLE LA 400.  But he forgets a lot--like identifying adverbs or adjectives in a long paragraph (he refuses to look for the verbs and nouns first).

So as we finish LA in the next month, I'm thinking we need to do some grammar review in the summer.  Either a workbook of some kind (to make my life simple, lol) or just some ideas of how to review grammar.

I've already thought--if I just find paragraphs in books and have him identify subject, predicate, adjectives, pronouns, etc--that would be huge.  And some diagramming.

BUT if you know of an online resource or an inexpensive workbook to make it more independent, please let me know! How can we continue to review grammar through the summer--easily?

My older son is in LA 500, so I KNOW what is coming up next year, and I KNOW that my 4th grader CANNOT forget everything he has learned and expect to succeed in the fall! :)  He's my dreamer, and I've learned to keep working through the summer with him . . .

Thanks for any help--

Betsy

You could use the R&S English "Extra Worksheets" which review all of the lessons of the program. They are very cheap. Of course you may also like to get the TM for grading them.

Alternatively you could try IEW Fix-It for grammar review. I use it for this purpose as well as for cursive and dictionary practice as well as a little extra vocabulary.

You could use the R&S English "Extra Worksheets" which review all of the lessons of the program. They are very cheap. Of course you may also like to get the TM for grading them.

Alternatively you could try IEW Fix-It for grammar review. I use it for this purpose as well as for cursive and dictionary practice as well as a little extra vocabulary.

I do have the R&S worksheets--bought them last year and forgot about them.  thanks!  I have 3 different books (may be all of them).

Fix-It grammar is a great idea too, or similar, thanks!!!  I'll start pulling together a plan--

Betsy

Why not go ahead and do  LA 501 and 502 over the summer? You could do a lesson 3 days a week, and then you can take your time with the other light units next year. I love being able to do a subject like grammar only 4 days a week, and doing this helps. There are also extra practice worksheets over many of the lessons. 

Why not go ahead and do  LA 501 and 502 over the summer? You could do a lesson 3 days a week, and then you can take your time with the other light units next year. I love being able to do a subject like grammar only 4 days a week, and doing this helps. There are also extra practice worksheets over many of the lessons. 

That's a good idea too--but I do think he needs some review.  Maybe we'll review through June, then start 500 in July, slowly.  Where have you found extra practice worksheets for CLE?  Have I missed those?

Scroll down on this page, and the 4th grade practice sheets are past the Teacher's Guide. It specifically covers lessons in the 4th grade light units.  501 is mostly review as well. 

Ah!! How have I missed these extra practice sheets??  Thanks!  I just placed an order for math yesterday and was looking for something like this, argh!!!  Maybe when I order our reading and LA curriculum this summer, I'll get some review sheets if we still need them--

Thanks for pointing them out!!!  I did find that CLE has math practice booklets a few months ago--

http://clp.org/store/by_course/170

thanks--

Betsy

Ah!! How have I missed these extra practice sheets??  Thanks!  I just placed an order for math yesterday and was looking for something like this, argh!!!  Maybe when I order our reading and LA curriculum this summer, I'll get some review sheets if we still need them--

Thanks for pointing them out!!!  I did find that CLE has math practice booklets a few months ago--

http://clp.org/store/by_course/170

thanks--

Betsy

I ordered those and am going to be using these as part of my pre-algebra program for my ds. I don't use CLE math because it is spiral, which really frustrates ds  because he wants to move on to new things and do less of what he already knows.  Those books take the concept lessons from various grade levels (up to 8th grade) and put them all in one book by topic (geometry, algebra, etc.).