Menu

From MM3 to Beast Academy

michelea6

This is our first year homeschooling and my DD is finishing up MM 3B this school year.  She seems to pick up on the math concepts relatively easily but she fights me just about every day to do her math.  I like math mammoth myself.  Anyway, I was online looking at the Beast Academy sight and she saw the comic book look to it over my shoulder and has now expressed interest in trying that for next year.  So, my question is where to start?  Should I begin at the beginning with 3A?  My original plan for next year was going to be MM 4A&B plus some math minutes for review.

Thank you.

I agree, you might give her the placement test.  But if the cost is not an issue I would probably start her with 3A anyway.  It has such a different approach she will surely get a lot out of it.  You might consider continuing with MM and using BA along with it.   Alternate days or just do half the MM problems or something so your DD is getting review and a different perspective.  

Thank you.  I ordered the first book.  I figured we can try it out and if we need to move on to another book then I can still use it for her two younger brothers.  They all seem to have math minds and her next younger brother is quickly catching up to her (because he loves to do his math and will often do more than assigned).  Thanks again!

Thank you.  I ordered the first book.  I figured we can try it out and if we need to move on to another book then I can still use it for her two younger brothers.  They all seem to have math minds and her next younger brother is quickly catching up to her (because he loves to do his math and will often do more than assigned).  Thanks again!

Great!  Hope they all enjoy it!  :)