Menu

Checking in with CAP W&R users......how is it going?

avazquez24

We adore it here.  My 2nd grader has completed the first 5 lessons of Fable.  After each lesson, I give her the choice of doing the next one, or doing WWE2 again for a week or two, and she keeps choosing to move forward.  She proudly read one of her Fable retells to her dad at dinner last night.  She's really blossoming with the program!  We both love the variety - each day, you are doing something different, but it all builds complementary writing skills.  We're so happy with it!

I've been having my 6th grader do the main writing exercises in the Narrative 2 book.  She finds it really fun and engaging, too, though easy.  I'm hoping the Chreia/Proverb book will have some new things for her when it comes out in a a couple of months.

I started Fable with my 8yo and it is a challenge for him!  I'm pushing him a bit.  He does ok with comprehension of the story but when asked to re-write or get creative, he has a hard time!  I am going to keep at it though.  

We love it. My son was struggling like crazy in WWE3. It was so hard for him he wasn't learning anything. He is producing much better writing and is generally happy with it.

I like that the skills are taught - the child is told how to summarize instead of being expected to summarize on his own. My son needs direct instruction in this and was super-frustrated in WWE.

My older one finished the first set of books and did very well with it. He loved the program. My little one just started the program and he had a very rough time with his first amplification. We will do a rewrite tomorrow and I am nervous. He finished WWE 2 and the program was clearly not a good fit for him. While he can easily summarize, the passages were tough for him. I am not sure if he says he likes CAP because he actually likes it, or he says it because he wants to keep up with his older brother. We are sticking with it.

We love it. My son was struggling like crazy in WWE3. It was so hard for him he wasn't learning anything. He is producing much better writing and is generally happy with it.

I like that the skills are taught - the child is told how to summarize instead of being expected to summarize on his own. My son needs direct instruction in this and was super-frustrated in WWE.

:iagree:   Excellent point.  This program does a much better job of explicitly teaching the child to summarize, step by step.  Easier on the teacher, too!

Dd8 just finished Fable last week and we both really enjoyed it. Nice to have some variety and it highlighted some weaknesses that I had not noticed when she was doing WWE. We will finish WWE3 next fall, then go on to Narrative. Looking forward to it!