Menu

An important message for you Moms

Moxie

As we were leaving Mass this morning, I wanted to get an Easter photo of my kids by a tree. As I was getting them situated, a woman came over and asked if I wanted a family photo. I said no, thank you though. She grabbed my arm and said,

"Trust me, my son just died. You want a family photo."

So, my challenge for you all today is to find some way to get into those Easter photos with your kids. Life is short!!

A million years ago, Jill in OK used to post often on these boards... she did a lovely blog post a while ago on this subject.

Even if we are blessed to live to a ripe old age, our kids and (hopefully!) grandchildren will want us to be in the pictures!

That was a beautiful blog post. Thanks for sharing.

Oh my gosh. That is so sad. There was a family that lost a 3 year old son, and Colleen, who used to post here, linked their web page and asked for prayers. I would check in on them once in a while, and after the child had died (months after) the Mom posted about going for a family photo and how traumatic it was, knowing they would never have a photo again that wasn't missing someone. It made me think differently about family photos.

I didn't take many photos today because we aren't a family that dresses up for Easter or anything. I can tell you that the last family photo we have with our oldest son in it, is a treasure to me and my entire family. Each of my younger children separately requested their own framed photo for their room at different stages of their grief. So... Yes... I agree... (Even if I didn't really take any photos today.)

I didn't take any today (we don't celebrate Easter), but always do individual and family portraits at Christmas.  

So important to do that.  My dad passed away 5 years ago today, and I was wishing today that I had a picture of just him.

Great reminder and how kind of her to think of others at this time. We weren't dressed perfect today during our egg hunt at home (sunrise service had been long before!) but I thought the very same thing as I clicked away at DH holding baby and the kids hunting. Set camera up on timer and we all squeezed into the porch couch. I'm sure it was a messy photo but we're all there. :)