Clothing for Boys

That meets a few minimum guidelines

1. No writing on the butt
venum-neo-mma-fight-shorts.jpg
2. Completely cover all skin except the face
Daniel_Greig_1714581291.jpg
3. Can be worn with a tie to look professional
stephencolbert.JPG
4. Prevent the boys from acting on the hormonal impulses that obviously they cannot control since males are nothing more than sexual animals looking to attack the first female who catches their fancy and cannot be trusted around girls
Entertainment-Photo-Circus-Houdini-in-ch

On a serious note: 

The clothing is irrelevant. What needs to change is the view that the teenage male is an uncontrollable mass of hormones who thinks of nothing except sex and views all females as a sexual object. It is disgusting and insulting not only to all males who have no such thoughts but it is also a damaging view to drill into young girls. 

I've known a few girls in my day that could have fit the teenage male stereotype (one in particular - she was a major handful.) - yet we're expected to believe all female teen girls are innocent little darlings.

I think of it more like, We're expected to make all teen girls appear innocent, and convince them to identify likewise. We're not however, expected to pursue the same goal with regards to our teen boys. They have different pressures, and no less unjustified, imo, but "innocent" doesn't seem to be a recurring theme in boy-to-man identity. Which raises all kinds of questions for my unruly mind to bounce around (what does "innocent" mean, why is gender the defining variable to make these decisions, if it's so subtle that this pressure becomes internalized, is it okay?).

That is not what I expected when I opened this thread! I thought it would be something along the lines of "why are there holes in every single pair of jeans they have- even if they have only worn them once?!" Or "where do I find clothes that can withstand the workout my ds puts them through?"

I agree with you though.

That is not what I expected when I opened this thread! I thought it would be something along the lines of "why are there holes in every single pair of jeans they have- even if they have only worn them once?!" Or "where do I find clothes that can withstand the workout my ds puts them through?"

I agree with you though.

2dd was much harder on clothes. even as a toddler, she'd rip it the first time she wore it. I was grateful she was second. my nieces were reversed that way. the oldest destroyed clothes so there was nothing to hand down to the younger sister.

Yea, I was expecting to have a thread asking for advice about boys' fashion (which is one of my many areas of expertise). 

My 11yo is in dance, gymnastics and cheerleading, so he's very used to hanging out with barely-dressed preteen girls. Ds4 usually hangs out with me to watch, and has been caught staring a few times, but he just wants to know why the girls are wearing bathing suit tops (sports bras) when they're not swimming. 

2dd was much harder on clothes. even as a toddler, she'd rip it the first time she wore it. I was grateful she was second. my nieces were reversed that way. the oldest destroyed clothes so there was nothing to hand down to the younger sister.

Admittedly, my dd is probably just as hard on clothes as her brother, but she has so many more that they seem to last longer. Holes in the knees drive me nuts though. I bought him 3 new pair the other day and after one wearing, one pair had holes. It turns out that he was crawling around on the driveway with sidewalk chalk, I think that is what did it. I've been making them change into jeans that already have holes before they can play outside!

Admittedly, my dd is probably just as hard on clothes as her brother, but she has so many more that they seem to last longer. Holes in the knees drive me nuts though. I bought him 3 new pair the other day and after one wearing, one pair had holes. It turns out that he was crawling around on the driveway with sidewalk chalk, I think that is what did it. I've been making them change into jeans that already have holes before they can play outside!

My younger ds is required to wear old stuff outside. There are always new holes and stains.

Good! One less walking billboard for The Man.

They are hard to find, though. I had to resort to craft stores to find ad-free T shirts for ds1 when he was a teen.

Michaels has them right next to the decals, beadazzlers, tie dye kits, etc.