Menu

Help Homeschooling a Junior

My mom pulled my brother out to be homeschooled and I will be the one homeschooling him due to family situation. He is 16yrs old and was a junior in public school. There is a ten year difference between us and I already homeschool my 6yr old. I have no idea where to start with my brother; I thought I would have a few years to prep for high school. Any advice or help would be great.

1. Come over to the high school board for advice. There is a sticky thread with a huge collection of links - start there.

2. Assess where your brother is in his studies and what he plans to do after graduation. If he wants to go to college, work backwards from the admissions requirements to determine what kind of coursework he needs to complete to have the required credits.

3. Has he been pulled out now, during the school year? In that case, I would begin by having him finish the subjects he is currently working on while you figure things out.